Sullyfam

Nov 20, 2014
I have an opportunity to buy a 2003/2004 RM250 roller for $175. I have a 2005 KDX200 that I ideally want to just swap the RM front end and rear shock to, but I am not sure if this is as simple as swapping steering stems? Is this possible? Any experience in doing this out there?

Sullyfam

Nov 20, 2014
look and see if the steering stems are the same length. You will probably have to do some mod for the steering stops. If the RM forks are longer (steering stem to axle) then the KDX will be better suited for high speed bumps and less capable turning on tight trails.
Thanks for the reply and I agree those are key items to consider. I do not have access to the bike (2hrs away) so I cannot measure the stem or fork lengths without investing serious time, particularly considering I could just go with known KX options. I was hoping to get lucky and find someone that had already made the swap. I reached out to RB and he said he had never done one, but was confident he could press in the KDX stem and create the needed spacer up top so that helps a bit.

Top Bottom