RM250 won't move when in gear

May 10, 2006
I was out riding and I smelled a burning smell coming from the clutch/transmission. I took it apart and it smelled real bad. Don't know if it's the transmission/clutch plates. I replaced the basket, inner hub, pressure plate(got them cheap) and the clutch plates. The bike starts right up, but when I put it in gear it won't move at all. If I let the clutch handle out all the way. The bike stays running just sitting there. Even when I give it throttle. I don't know what else to check/replace. Any ideas? Thanks

May 10, 2006
Yep. I've replaced the clutch plates before and it worked fine. Got the pressure plate bolts torqued to 3lbs of pressure per manual.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
positive you got the proper amount of plates/discs...........possible bogus part# ??

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
If I remember on my 96 rm there was a little ball bearing type thing that had to be installed as it was going back together or the clutch would engage or anything, I have a 99 rm250 as well but havent had the need to pull the clutch apart yet so i'm not sure if its the same.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…