Rm85

Excel

Apr 6, 2003
I was wondering if anyone has a problem with losing coolant form there radiator while on extened periods of time(2hrs +). There are no external leaks from the engine or radiator. The water is also not in the gearbox oil.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Keep an eye on the orings in the head. We have a cronic problem for the last 2 years. We found the stock timing to be way to far advanced and the choice of Pipe can effect it alot. A DEP pipe that we use allows the motor to turn alot faster and created alot of heat. 45-55 minutes and we are toast. A doma and PC seem better. The Stock pipe is the best with good fuel and good timing...

vern#19

Apr 23, 2000
If you are loosing a small amount like if you pull off the cap and it is jut below the inner core that is normal. Coolant expands when it gets hot and goes out the over flow tube. On an rm 85 that is about3/4 cup.

willtygart

May 10, 2003
Just for another response, my son has logged in some high hours on his and have never had a problem. On a weekend-day he will go through 5 or 6 gallons of gas and normally rides it 45 min + at a crack. We use all Amsoil stuff in the bike (even the coolant) but I wouldn't attribute the oil/coolant to the lack of losing coolant. As long as it isnt getting into the crank case I would assume that you're fine.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…