Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Hi all,
I was hoping someone could help me. I just had my RMX shock rebuilt and I had new all new swingarm bearings installed. When I removed the shock I noticed that it didn't have "spacers" on the lower mount (the small washers with the rubber seals). The lower end looks similar to the top, which does have the "spacers", and it appears that it should have them also, but they were gone. I thought maybe the previous owner never installed them when he had the shock done. Anyhow, a trip to my local Suzuki dealer did no good, He claims that small parts like that are not shown in the exploded views in his parts books, but he could sell me a new shock! Oneida Suzuki has had a horrible reputation in the area for YEARS anyway, now I know why. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if it needs these spacers, and maybe provide a part number, thanks in advance.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
You should have the spacers and seals on both ends. With either missing you will wear out the lower Hiem joint which is expensive.

I would try a different dealer or perhaps one of the after market suspension companies. Someone will have these parts without having to buy a new shock. Sorry but I don't have the part number.

By the way, I rode a 93 RMX for about 7 years. Great bike! :)

Dennis Meyers

~SPONSOR~
Nov 24, 2000
Layton,
Thanks, I was pretty sure it needed them, but I don't have a reference manual. As soon as I'm done typing this reply I'm getting on the phone to another dealer to order some! Thanks again!

Top Bottom