JustinCT

Mar 23, 2007
I had a mishap a couple of months back that broke one of the fingers off of the clutch basket on my 04 RMZ 250. When it let go, it broke teeth off of the gears that are riveted to the clutch basket so those were all bad. I picked up an oem clutch assembly that was advertised as one for my bike. The inner diameter on this clutch assembly is 40 thousandths smaller than that of my old broken clutch basket. This means that it won't fit on the transmission shaft. I can't use the center hub/gear thing from my old clutch basket because it has a broken tooth. Other than that internal diameter difference, the basket and everything looks identical to my old one. Does anyone know what clutch basket I might have bought...it obviously isn't the right one for my bike.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
let me guess you got it off ebay?

05-07 is the same, then 08-09 are different on the RMZ. Maybe you got one from a RM250 2stroke??

You may want to check with a dealer to see what other changes there is out there.

JustinCT

Mar 23, 2007
Yeah, it was sold to me by some cycle salvage place. I'm also thinking it is for an rm250, but no real way for me to tell I guess...

Top Bottom