KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
I finally bought home my new little toy today after weeks and weeks of waiting. One word to sum it up- awesome!!

From a female point of view- this bike is light, easy to ride, very smooth power and is so easy to start I could probably start it with my hand! I am also only 5"4 and I can start it without standing on a block, the kick start is a little high but wont take me long to get used to it. I only rode for 30 mins today, its been raining heaps and we are almost underwater but tomorrow I am taking the day off work *cough cough I feel sick* and taking it to my cousins track for a test run! Ill give a full report then!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Cool congrats on the new ride KDXgirl!! I got to ride a KXF Sunday - fun!

The KXF and RMZ are the same exact bike just different radiator shrouds.

RockyRoads

Sponsoring Member
Aug 28, 2003
Congratulations!!! The bike sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to a more detailed ride report--hope that you had a chance to take it out today!

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Well I finally got the RMZ out for a decent ride yesterday and it absolutely rips!

The bike is easy to start- so easy in fact that when you kick it it feels like it has no compression. The kick starts high and is long, very difficult for anyone under 7ft tall!! but I can live with that! Its extremely easy to flood, especially coming off a 2 stroke (the whole throttle thing!) but the hot starts works great and most of the time it is 1st kick)

1st gear is high, needs a lot of revs to get it going, Im also used to the trail bike so it was a bit different

It has a low seat height, Id heard that people said you feel like you arent sitting on the bike but in the bike and after riding it all I can say is it is so true. Im only 5"4 and with a bit of balance was able to get a foot to the ground and you do feel like you are sitting in the bike but it is still easy to move around for corners etc

Power delivery is very very smooth, needs to be ridden like a 125 to get the most out of it. It handles very light, easy to swap lines and throw around. I am not the worlds best jumper, in fact I am terrible at it but after 30 minutes on the bike was completely comfortable and it is so easy to jump!!
Bike seems to run best midrange and on the limiter when it really picks up, watched some of the guys on it and they certainly got it moving

We had a wr250f there and the general feeling was the wrf had a bit more power, but in saying that, the RMZ was completely stock (my new bars didnt come in) and brand new and the WRf was set up professionally with higher gearing

I did have a few stacks, 4 to be exact but they were just lay down types from having too much confidence! I do have both levers bent now but bike was extremely easy to start after all the stacks

I cant think of anything else at the moment, if anyone has questions or wants more details let me know! If your thinking of buying one go for it! Best decision I ever made!

p.s this is the 250 motocrosser that us girls have been waiting for!!!

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
I've had a short 10 min ride on a brand new rmz as well the other day. tight single track stuff-this bike is very sweet just the way it comes out of the box. it has way more bottom end/midrange than the wr 250f that I'm using as a comparision bike. I'm sure with a bit of fine tuning/personalizing as far as setup goes,this could be a great bike for a lot of guy's or gal's. I didn't get it up high in the rpm's,so I'll leave that part of the equation open.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hey, thanks for the write up, KDXgirl!  Sounds like a nearly-perfect bike.  Will you be able to take it out in some woods and give us your impressions there, too?! 

Looks like you made a good choice!  :)

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Hey KDX Girl,
Glad to hear you finally got the RMZ. The wait must have been terrible, I know it would have nearly killed me. It sounds like an awesome bike!!! I'm hoping to get to take one for a spin someday. Just out of curiousity, what made you go yellow instead of sticking with green? I know they are the same bike....did you just get a better deal on the suzuki? If you ever get it out onto some trails make sure you give us another report...I'd like to know how it handles of the motocross track.

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
The wait just about killed me, but just when I thought it wouldnt come it did! Its still stock, Ive ordered bars and stuff but they have been delayed now but Id rather ride the bike completely stock than not at all!

I was originally looking at either a wr250f or a KTM200 for the trails but wanted to get into mx as well so then I started looking at 125s and the yz250f. The shop I take the KDX to is actually a yammie/suzuki/husky dealer and I mentioned I wanted to get into mx. So in the end it worked out cheaper to keep the KDX and buy a mx bike which also means I dont have to compromise suspension etc wise than to buy an allround bike like the wr250f. I was also looking at the CRF250s but they are still a few months away and then got talking to the shop about the KXF/RMZ and they basically said that if I bought yellow with them instead of green with the opposition they would start sponsoring me as a rider so I did! So now I got a cool new bike and great support for racing next season, and it does look pretty trick in yellow!
In australia, its extremely hard for any rider to get sponsorship let alone a female one, I could probably count on my fingers how many girls get some sort of sponsorship so it was too good an opportunity to pass! Ill have some photos of it soon and plan to take it to the trails as soon as I can so will let you know how it goes.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
oh, KDXG.....that is so totally COOL! Congrats!

And do keep the ride reports coming on the new yellow beasty...a lot of us are thinking about one of 'em for the missus. <grin>

Also, let us know what you think if you take out in the woodsies/rockies.

Cheers! - E-Ticket

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
I sure will!!

I am taking it to sandbased race mx track this weekend and then racing it the following weeked so I will let yous know how its going.

It is definately THE bike for girl riders! (and for guys to!) but its almost like suzuki/kwaka read this site on what we want lol!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Cool!

Actually if they would have been listening it would have electric start and a 4" lower seat height. :confused:

-- ET

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
True! But Ive never been fussed with e-start, the bike kicks so easily it feels like a bike with no compression and In only 5"4 and the seat height for me is pretty close to perfect for motocross. Maybe an inch lower for trails but I also dont mind about being able to touch the ground flatfooted. A toe is enough!

The only gripe for most girls and will be the same for most riders is the height of the kickstarter, almost need a ladder to get to it and a parachute to kick it all the way down cause its a mighty long kick!

A funny story too, usually when I lay the KDX down, I can either not pick it up or it takes all my strength to do it and a lot of grunting lol but when I dropped the RMZ the other day and went to pick it up I almost threw it over on the other side - that is how light they feel!

WFO 400

Feb 28, 2003
SORRY FOR THE CAPS MY WORK KEYBOARD IS BROKEN

KDX GIRL- I HAVE A 2004 KX 250 (SAME BIKE,DIFF COLOR) AND IT DOES RIP ,THE BEST BIKE I HAVE EVER OWNED AND IT DOES START EXTREMELY EASY I START MINE WITH MY HAND ALL THE TIME ...NOW TO YOUR KICKSTARTER PROBLEM,

I TOOK THE KICKSTARTER ARM OFF OF A KX 125 AND PUT IT ON THE 250F IT IS LIKE 2-3 INCHES SHORTER AND IS LIKE HEAVEN FOR SHORTER PEOPLE!
YOU NEED TO BUY THE 2000-2003 KX 125 KICKSTARTER ASSEMBLY BUT YOU ARE ONLY GONNA USE THE ARM OF THE KX 125 AND THE STOCK RMZ 250 KNUCKLE (PART THAT IS SPLINED AND SLIDES ON THE SLIDE ON THE MOTOR) IT IS WAY BETTER , DO IT UP AND YOU WILL LOVE IT!

P.S ALSO PRO CIRCUIT HAS A 2 PEICE WATERPUMP/OIL FILTER COMING OUT ANYDAY NOW.

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Thanks for the advice on the kickstarter, I have printed the post and am going to show my sponsors and get them to do it for me!

I raced the RMZ for the first time yesterday and thought Id give you guys a little update on how it went.
The RM-Z is a definate holeshot getter, I cant belive how well it hooks up and with a hit in the mid range it is enough to get you out front to the corner first.
The suspension still needs to be set up as it is deflecting a lot, the forks are stiff but they still probably need bedding in. Its corners and maintains traction extremely well. I did stall it in one tight corner and took me a few kicks to get it going again (still not used to the 4stroke starting thing) My clutch is stiff which makes it difficult to feather for corners and stuff but I am going to get someone to look at it as I am not sure it is right.
Im finding neutral hard to find at the moment, not sure if this is a bike thing or me as the KDX was always very easy to find neutral. I also found that I missed gears yesterday, I am a little concerned about the rumours I hear about 4th gear blowing up but I think it may be from being tired and also not shifting right but will get my shop to look at it and get back to you
The lightness of the bike was heaps noticeable yesterday, I did 3 12min motos and was able to ride each out strongly where as with the KDX the weight of the bike used to see me dropping it in corners etc
I had 1 big over the bars stack where my head and shoulder was drilled into the ground but the bike was so light to pick up and then 4 kicks and I had it started and was riding again, definate plus when you are hurting and tired!

We were on the track at the same time as the quads and a few times I needed to change my lines as those quads take up so much track and it was very easy and nimble to do!

Ill let you know how it runs after a few niggling things are sorted out but so far I still love it!

Top Bottom