Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
Thanks DPW I have been waiting for some proper pics of this bike!!!

It looks a bit rough around the dges now but I bet it will look awesome when it goes into production!!!

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
The cylinder and head looks like my DRZ!

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
No offence to those Susuki guys but I think that Susuki needs to wait a while to put those things out. They look, and sound pretty rough.

Sayntmatt

Jul 22, 2002
I wonder if eventually Suzuki will take their 250f completely in house and bang it in an ally frame? And if they keep producing 2 strokes will they get the ally frame awell???

Now an ally framed RMZ250 would be a tempting prospect!

Has anyone heard or seen anything from Yamaha regarding ally frames yet?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Well it LOOKS light. Can't wait for a ride report as well as a comparison.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Riddle me this, peepulls: Check this pic at Lou's site
RMZ450huh.JPG

Now, I don't know if it's a works-only thing or what, but inside that li'l red circle there looks like an extra shock reservoir. Also, it doesn't look like it has a head-stay, but the top motor mounts are low on the cylinder on both sides. Interesting stuff, to say the least.

by the way, danke Lou for posting that pic

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
thing i do not like is that it looks like a honda. I am wondering if the riding charecteristic will be similar to a CRF450. Just seems so honda like, well just my opinion, I went from a CR to an RM and never thought my RM would be for me, just a matter of opinion. Is the japanese market going to be honda and yamaha later down the road? Just asking.....any thoughts.?

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
The frame spars look oval instead of square like the Honda. It looks like it has girth around the tank/shroud area. Hard to say for sure though. If true it would be a bit thick in the middle. Just something that stood out to me. :confused:

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
There is a lot of "works" parts in that bike. Notice the aluminum tank?

The linkage looks really low on that bike and picturing how that works on a landing puts it even lower.

Also notice the side cover for the oil/water. Same design as the 250F - one piece unit. Then the front and rear wheel assemblies are different. The first pics show a wave rotor up front on a custom hub and looks like a production unit rear wheel setup.

roostu

Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by XRpredator
Riddle me this, peepulls: Check this pic at Lou's site
RMZ450huh.JPG

Now, I don't know if it's a works-only thing or what, but inside that li'l red circle there looks like an extra shock reservoir. Also, it doesn't look like it has a head-stay, but the top motor mounts are low on the cylinder on both sides. Interesting stuff, to say the least.

by the way, danke Lou for posting that pic

I wonder how much NOS you could squeeze into that bottle...probably enough for the HOLESHOT! :laugh:

B

biglou

Check out TWMX. They've got some Quicktime footage of the RMZ450 on American soil. I haven't seen it, don't have QT here at work. I'll watch it at home tonight.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Looks awesome to me.
I take it this thing was R&D'd exclusively at Suzuki, with no plans to share with Kawasaki. First signs of a foul relationship? Does Kawasaki have plans for their own 450? How does all of this relate to the fact that all Suzuki did with the RMZ/KXF was sketch the motor design? I bet they eventually 'divorce'.

Nimrod

Nov 7, 2003
The TWMX video shows Greg Schnell and Rich Taylor on the bike at Perris raceway and the bike looks very fast. It sure is good to see more wickid thumpers coming out!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Originally posted by nephron
Looks awesome to me.
I take it this thing was R&D'd exclusively at Suzuki, with no plans to share with Kawasaki. First signs of a foul relationship? Does Kawasaki have plans for their own 450? How does all of this relate to the fact that all Suzuki did with the RMZ/KXF was sketch the motor design? I bet they eventually 'divorce'.

last rumor I heard was that Suzuki will have their own 250F in about 2 years. No shared influences.

It does say the relationship is heading for divorce court!

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
I dont think so, seems the two just teamed up to round out thier lines and lower thier R&D on recreational stuff so they could both spend a bit more on thier full blown race efforts. IE, MX 4 strokes and SS street bikes. Was never supposed to be prelude to a merger, just sharing some cost to give the two an advantage. Kawi seems to be getting the better of the deal but still appears to be asleep at the wheel. Just look at the KLR 650! Can you belive the Army uses those pigs? Even the admirable KDX line sees little more than grafics changes for its years of steadfast duty. Kawi seems satisfied to fade from the Lime light ( Hehe,,, Lime light) to lower R&D and maximise profits, hey, why bust your but to stay competitive when you can still sell the same amount of units or even slightley less and not endure the development cost. We all know factory race bikes are Works anyway.

kboy

Oct 7, 2003
Come on guys..... It only look like a CRF because of the alloy frame..... wich also is a different shape compared to a CRF... twin cam 4stroke engines have to look a little alike.... :)

Top Bottom