CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Some of you may have seen these here on KTMTalk. I received my Pro Stomp Pegs today and upon opening the boxes, I was amazed at the machining and finish. Nice looking pegs, very sturdy. I didn't weigh them, but they may be a few oz. heavier than my Fastways, but the mount pin area alone looks tremendously strong w/ no silly adjustment screws to loosen or break off, which may account for the weight. Upon side by side comparison, they are slightly wider than the Fastways with more grip studs.

Noel warned me that the springs for the Roc Stompas are very beefy and can be tricky to install. I used a 1/4" socket extension through the bottom mount hole and through the spring to keep it in place while I guided the mounting pin through...no biggie. BUT they are a heavier spring, no squeezing this one w/ you hand. All in all, the installation was pretty straightforward and the machining tolerances of the pegs was very nice...no sloppy feeling pegs. Very precise feeling.

As far as riding on these...the peg placement is great. They have a lower feeling, not quite the lowboy setting of the Fastways, but definitely roomier than the stocker. They feel like they may be a few mm's lower and back, which is perfect for most riders. I'm 5'8" and find the stockers are a bit high which can make it hard to stand. The 27 grip studs per peg are also welcomed. My boot stays very planted. Overall, I'm very, very pleased.

The ordering process was easy form Die Hard Racing. Noel treated me very well and I'd have to give these a big thumbs up. Here are some pics on my bike:

Attachments

• RocStompa Peg Pics 003.jpg
    RocStompa Peg Pics 003.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 185
  • RocStompa Peg Pics 001.jpg
    RocStompa Peg Pics 001.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 185
  • RocStompa Peg Pics 006.jpg
    RocStompa Peg Pics 006.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 183
Top Bottom