dmount76

Feb 3, 2007
I just tore into my suspension linkage for the first time on my 90 KDX 200 I bought 3 months ago. One swing arm bearing is shot but the others seem to be in decent condition. I did a search but couldn't find the answer to two questions:

1. Can you press the two bearings out by using a vise and a socket like you can the single bearings or does the race decrease diameter in the middle? To do it I'd have to press one bearing into the other and hope to push both out one side.

2. If the bearings appear in good condition do you need to remove them to grease them properly, or can you just clean them up and put some grease on your fingure and smear it around in there?

Thanks for any help.

Dallas in Wyoming.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
DO NOT remove any bearing just to grease it. Just grease it where it is. If it is worn out, then of course it needs to be removed.

dmount76

Feb 3, 2007
Thanks Glad2ride.

After looking things over a bit closer, i've decided to put all new bearings in.

How do I remove the double bearings? All I can figuire is to push it from one side and use one bearing to push out the other. Is this right?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom