~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
Who will win this event SERA or SETRA? Last time these two fine enduro clubs meet it was the real men of SERA takeing home the gold, who will it be next?

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I don't know who is going to win, but I'd give odds that it won't be me:eek: I really like the Rockford enduro, the course is always tough yet fun; gotta love those rocky hillclimbs and massive tree roots:whiner:

Bfaster

Aug 26, 2002
Lawman, I will try not to be in your way, hmm, rocky hillclimbs. You want to ride a 300 instead of that 200? YOu are going to wear out that shift lever.

We should be there Saturday around 15:30.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
The winner of the race will be someone with good mud riding skills. That means I'll be lucky to finish :whiner:

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
lemming - don't you always finish? I almost finished last year. I didn't have any excuses, the tempurature was perfect and so was the trail.

I plan on arriving at O' dark:thirty on Sunday. Probably park at the alternate camp area. My bike is back together and I believe I am healed up. I like my new bars so far. The last MS race I was sitting in Chicago eating pizza, Mmmmmmm!!! :eek:

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
So far I've finished all but one (bike failure). I'm just hoping that it's not a continuous series of mud bogs by the time row 36 comes along :worship:

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
I'm signing up early Sunday morning.Going to Southern Miss game Saturday night. Maybe by row 70 the mud holes will be dry..

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i went, & had a big old time. i thought it was tough but fun. i was glad that it rained, until i about the 500th time i slipped on a slick pine root. i dropped 50; the winner, steven reed, dropped 9 (!). highlight of the day for me: beating my buddy derin (bfaster) in the final section by 2 minutes (altho he beat me by 6 for the day). must've been some crash, eh buddy?

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well I had every intention of racing (including pre-entering). I went down on Saturday and worked the STRA trails event (had a great time). I got home on Sat around 6, leaving my trailer, bike, and gear at Rockford. By 8 pm the food poisening had set in and with two exits going there was no waiting :uh: Didn't sleep a wink Sat night. By the next morning I was so dehydrated and week that there was no way I was riding. I did find the strength to get down there in the early afternoon to pick up the trailer. I'm finally able to keep food down today :yeehaw:

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
hey lemming,
that is some bad luck! speaking of the trials event, that looked intriguing. i'm interested in that, & would have got there early enough to watch if i'd known about it. even my girlfriend said she wished we had seen it (she's seen some of the trials videos, which i think are more impressive than the crusty jumpers). when's the next trials event in these parts?

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Well let's see. As usual everone in my row I just let go on by. Soon after the start some kids jumped out of the woods and pretended to shoot me just as my front wheel fell off in a rut and washed. I hit the ground laughing and tumbling. I think it scared those young boys to death by the looks on their faces and I couldn't stop laughing at that. When they realized that it wasn't them who shot me down all was well. I caught up at the restart with about one minute to spare for a tweak on the rear suspender. I got stuck in a "never ending loop" that started at on top of "hell hill" because we (and about thirty other riders) couldn't find the trail and the arrows just took everyone right back around. It was commical watching riders go by only to return several minutes later and listen to their comments. We finally figured out how to get to the trail - made our own path and the ride was on. I felt generous (because I was just spoding along anyway and couldn't see out of my goggles) and helped people get unstuck - sometimes. All this put me 32 minutes late at the gas. AND as usual - I am getting used to this - I quit at the gas, put my gas can between my legs, and rode back to camp. My excuses? Well I've got plenty of those, haven't rode or worked out in two months (whimpy), it looked like it was going to come a thunder storm (whimpy), and a generous serving of monkey butt - OUCH!!!. My best excuse is that when I was cleaning my bike today I noticed that I had coolant intrusion into my tranny and the fluid was white as milk when I drained it, oh well.

I rode the event last year and don't remember it being this tough. I have never seen roots so big and slimy.

Lemming - I heard at the race the reason you didn't show was because you are scared of mud. :p

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i'm glad to hear he is doing ok. if this is the same young man, he was in pretty bad shape at 1 point. we (bfaster & others & me) have a buddy who is a doc who was on row 68 or something like that. he came upon a couple guys standing around someone on the ground, turned out to be a young man whyo wasn't breathing. the doc spent the next couple hours helping him out (way to go, dr. mike!), but we didn't know how he turned out. glad he is ok!

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
He was breathing fine, we could not keep him awake thats what scared everyone. A man named Carl from Starkville Ms. was the first to find him. Anyway he is fine now, probably looking forward to Maplesville. So
hats off to Carl and Dr. Mike..

D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
To everyone, I am very happy to hear that Chris is doing well. We were a little concerned about this little guy. Hats off to all of those who stopped and helped.
I obviously didnt look that needy when Sir John went by and left me lying in the creek bottom. What a way to spend 5 minutes of your life. Trying to figure out which end of the bike needs to point up first. John, nice of you not to roost me in my exhausted state. For those of you who don't know, I am the one Lawman beat in the last section. I wasn't riding like a spode(at least at that time) but I found the bridge at the bottom just a little slick. You got me in that section. I did at least still get you overall. Not sure if that is a really good thing. Hey it was my second time in the rocks, and my first time in the mud and rocks. I also had just had the rear suspension retuned. I needed some riding time so the first half of the race I spent working on the clickers. I pretty much had it by the gas.
With any luck I will see you guys at Perry Mountain. John, I will let you by when you yell. See you on the trail.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Timr - I have a kitchen pass for one day this weekend :whiner: I have to call Royce and see if he wants me to work on the trail on Sat or work the race on Sunday. Either way I won't be racing.

Lawman - Bad luck has been my middle name lately. For trials information go the the STRA website at http://www.kaila.net/stra/index.html . I enjoyed working and watching the competition.

Sharp - there's no doubt that I don't like the mud, but that's not the reason I missed the race:uh: (actually I wish it was).

Top Bottom