Apr 19, 2000
Going back up to Rocky Gap trails this weekend. Anybody else going. Look for a bunch of KTM's and a lone Suzuki DRZ.
We might not ride fast but we do have fun.. :cool:

whtkdxtra

May 23, 2000
We're riding Marienville and Timberline. It's possible we could made it to Rocky Gap. Look for a white KDX 200, 2 kids on KX 80's, and a short guy on an old XR500.:cool:

oabike

May 15, 2001
So how is Rocky Gap these days? I used to ride it 20 years ago. I remember the trees being so thick in spots you could stop during a rainstorm and not get wet. If I remember it ran from Chapman Dam to someplace in Pleasant township. It was always well maintained. They used to put chain link fence in the bottom of the water crossings. I'd love to see some pictures.

Apr 19, 2000
Well it's not like it used to be. You can not ride across the creek, can't kill those fish per the DNR. and I can drive my S-10 around most of the trail, have to keep those quads happy. Most of the trail in now leveled and slagged over to keep erosion down. We all know how rocks can roll down hill and cause damage. It's is only fun to go and cruise around. You can go so fast it is like a road race. Just remember to please the masses.

dozer

Dec 18, 2000
Slammer is right. It's really not a bike trail anymore:( . The state must think bulldozing the trail and making a road with slag has less of an impact than leaving the trail untouched. Sure would be nice to have a "real off road" bike trail to ride on again.

oabike

May 15, 2001
That's too bad. Back in the early 80's we used to race thru the trees at Rocky Gap on Can-Am Qualifiers, Suzuki PE's, Yamaha IT's.It was super tight,technical, wet and rocky. I guess all good things come to an end. Does anyone remember stadium motocross races at the Wattsburg Fairgrounds in western Pa? Or Art Nagare's shop in Erie? He sold Can-Am, KTM, Maico and Husky.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
I was to the races there at Wattsburg fair grounds. That was a nice little track for the era it was used. I would pass it on the way to Oil City....

Top Bottom