marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
I went March 31st for the first time and i had a blast!! Just wondering if anyone here goes there often or has gone there before..By the way it is technically not the season yet so the track is a little beat up but they are working on it i believe. I will probably be going this Sunday if anyone is interested. I usually like to get places early so i will be getting there for 10:00 - 10:30 A.M. Thx
Marc

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've been planning on checking this place out. Is it a supercross style track? Or, can a spodely guy make a lap without looking too foolish?
Either way, I think I might be able to make the trip. I'll ask my riding partner if he wants to go. and get back to you.
I'll let you know tomorrow or Wednesday.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Well let me tell you i wasn't doing the 80 foot double or anything, but the track is very wide in spots so you can get out of the faster riders way. Like i said i am not the fastest kid out there so i was a little leary about going there also, but i thought this place was great..You can check it out here www.ctmotocross.com
The track isnt preped all that good yet b/c it is technically not the season yet.so the track doesnt look like the pictures on the website. I guess he had the doser there yesterday to fix up the track, so we will see.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I just got my kitchen pass for Sunday :)
So I'll be there for 10:00
The forecast looks good so far.
Anyone else want to meet us there?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'll be easy to spot. I'll have my 500 with me, and I'll be driving this:

Attachments

• twobikesintruck.jpg
    twobikesintruck.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 393

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
No papakeith they do not REQIRE a chest protector but it is a good idea to have one. I am getting one for my birthday. When i went there Sunday i found out that i need a chest protector. After the, i believe 80ft double, i didnt jump that of course ;) there was a spot with very deep ruts and well my bike got stuck and just stopped. I didt fall down because my chest rammed right into the bar pad. Knocked the wind out of me.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It's good that they don't require one, I haven't found one that fits right yet. ;)
I will be there Sunday in all my spodeliness.:)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by DANIEL JOSEPH
Maybe I'll stop by with my morning coffee and do a little spectating.
Dan,
Make sure you bring a camera. I'm sure Twinne could use some more material for Lotsabeef on PitSally :p

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy

Dan,
Make sure you bring a camera. I'm sure Twinne could use some more material for Lotsabeef on PitSally :p
I could do that. I figure from what I've been reading the short trip over there would be worth the time in entertainment value alone.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
... from what I've been reading the short trip over there would be worth the time in entertainment value alone.
DJ - Want to borrow my video camera?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I can definitely provide material for a photo shot :confused::)
Don't really know why anyone would waste the film though :think

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
Don't really know why anyone would waste the film though
Film??? I'm talking video as in America's Funniest Home Videos!
I want to win the Grand Prize!

When I'm basking in the warm Carribean sun I'll be sure and send a post card to the hospital. :cool:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Originally posted by WoodsRider

Film??? I'm talking video as in America's Funniest Home Videos!
I want to win the Grand Prize!
:think But, Triggers not going to be there! :p

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Fun track. It is a little on the beat side at the moment, but it has good jumps, good dirt when it is wet, and a great group of people ride there. A national level pro just bought it and got a dozer, so the track is destined to be great. Suppodesly he is "going to town" this week with his new grooming toy. I will be there, unless it rains anymore, it gets REALLY muddy there when it rains because it is a little below ground level and therefore ends up turning into a lake.

Bring water and food, because there is nothing near it to buy food. There is a kawasaki dealer up the street too for flats and tires if you need em, but I don't know if they are open on sundays.

Look for #19 with black backrounds on a 2001 KX125. Or look for the Silver Honda CR-V with a trailer that is bigger than it, that would be my little rig :)

Hope to see you all there and look forward to meeting you all!

BTW, if anyone has a video camera or camera (digital?) could they possibly bring it? I have not gotten pics of me on my new bike and wouldn't mind some. And I think it would be fun to catch the spodliness of Papakieth.

If you have questions you can PM or email me.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Originally posted by KawieKX125
There is a kawasaki dealer up the street too for flats and tires if you need em, but I don't know if they are open on sundays.

Nope we're (Midtown) closed. We ride on Sundays (Usually) And there's plenty of places to get food and drink within a mile or two of the track.

Bill if we win the Grand Prize to I get Half the money?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Bill if we win the Grand Prize to I get Half the money?
What do you mean if?

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Papakeith
one more for "the list"
Oh i'm scared now. :scream:

Top Bottom