Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Next Sat or Sunday(20/21) would be the next day(s) that I would be able to get over there. Have fun today!:)

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Ohh man today was a blast. Perfect weather. alittle dusty on the track but it was great. I wish more of you were there. There had to be at least 30 riders there when i was there. Great day.

Oh yeah Papakeith i will be going next Sunday again.
C ya

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
It looks like Rocky Hill will be closed this weekend. :|
Maybe we can set up a different weekend to get out there.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
yeah papakeith it is definetly closed this sunday..tommorow. Alright i will keep in touch and let you know. or let me know ..

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
actually papakeith, i was thinking this morning and May 1st Thomaston dam opens. Are you up for a lot of trail riding? If so this is the place to go. How bout we go there that Sunday. I am not sure of the date May 4,5? Not sure. Anyone else? PitMonkey Kawie kx? Let me know guys. Thanks.

pat199

Apr 4, 2002
marcv i ythink i saw u at rocky hill a couple weeks ago leavin u got a red pick up with a yz witrh no graphics, anyeways if u were there u mighthave saw me i had a 00 cr125 with MHR graphics with yellow backrounds #199 , since u said ur kind of a beginner i been riding at rocky hill for a yr and hit almost every jump but i got like 4-5 friends who can ride , but are just startin to go to rocky hill now, u should ride at rocky hill with us when it opens

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Yeah Pat i definetly saw you. You and the guys you were riding with were definetly above my skill level. Yeah i now have N-stlye OEM like graphics with N-style number plate backrounds, and one idustries seatcover. I will be there hopefully this Sunday if it is open at 10:30. Let me know if you are riding anywere else if Rocky Hill is not open. Are there any other places to go riding (legally) if Rocky Hill is closed. Thomaston Dam is open the week of the 1st so i will go there that Sunday. Let me know Pat i want to definetly improve my skills.

pat199

Apr 4, 2002
yea man i def. would love to ride this weekend but unfortunutly i was in portland goin threw the whoops and went over the bars, i got 8 stiches in my knee last weekand there comino out today so ill prob be back in 2 weeks, rocky hill is a mess with the water ,and all the rain we are gettin right now isnt helpin , so that willprob be out for a few weeks, i ride at rocky hill and thats it, i know of uxbridge located in mass, and if rocky hill isnt open in 2 weeks im goin there, im trying to get in at milford ryders but theres a waiting list, i heard of the thompson dam ,is it legal, and is there nice jumps or what??

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
oo Pat that stinks about your injury..Get well soon!! ;)

Yeah Thomaston dam...It is legal. There actually aren't many jumps.. It is mostly trails. There is a little pit with whoops and its just a place to screw around on..It free too.:) But mostly trails like i said but fun trails..

Here are directions..It opens May 1st, but i am going that Sunday..Let me know.

Thomaston Dam is located in Thomaston, Connecticut, easily accessible from Route 8. Take Route 8 North to exit 39, take a left on East Main Street, at the traffic light take a right onto North Main, 2 miles north, take a right onto Route 222. The Dam is 1/2 mile ahead on your left.

pat199

Apr 4, 2002
marc yea ill go in like 2 weeks if rocky hill isnt still open, i want to start riding with other kids such as yourself, by the way im 15 im a freshman, im about 6 foot and weigh 180, many people think i belong opn a 250 but i like 125's because i can toss them around easier, plus its always cool to have friends to go ride with

p.s. igot the stiches out of my knee and the doctor said it looks good

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Pat Rocky Hill should be open this Sunday. Thats the way it looks like anyways..Check out there website if you dont know it yet.
www.ctmotocross.com

Im 17 Junior 135 kinda a small kid. Im a rookie on a dirt bike, only have about a year and a half on the thing.

If it is open i will be there Sunday at 10:30. Ill keep in touch or just keep posting Q's..Ill answer them..

Keep in touch Pat..

pat199

Apr 4, 2002
marc, the iknee is mint..only thing now is i took a look at the big and bent the bars so bad that i messed up my triple clamp, and my bike needs a new top end,so im workin tomarr(sunday) and will have that sh*t fixed for next week, tell me if ur goin up torocky hill,icant wait to get on the newwhoops, need to get some air, know what im sayin..cya

Pat

2000 MHR cr125

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Pat i will be going to Thomaston Dam next sunday..i think it is the 5th. Let me know..I dont cant keep spending 25 bucks each week. It killing me.
Glad to hear about the knee. I went to Rocky Hill yeaterday and the whoops are pretty tough. You almost have to jump them on a 125. The track was shortened though. You couldnt hit the big jumps only small ones. That part of the tack with the big jumps was flooded.
Marc

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Alright guys i didnt want to make another thread so here goes...
How about a Thomaston dam ride this Sunday? anyone in let me know.
http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/tmd/tmdrec.htm you can go here for information. Any q's let me know. You really do have to be registered but i am not, so whenever i see a white dodge ram i go into a trail. :) Anyways let me know.
They have a good amount of trails and a little practice track there with no jumps but it is still very fun..and best of all it is free!!

pat199

Apr 4, 2002
HEY MARC,

I WOULD GO TO THE THOMASTON DAM ,BUT IM GOING TO ROCKY HILL SATURDAY AND SUNDAY, I NEED TO GET THERE, I HAVENT BEEN THERE IN LIKE 3 WEEKS, LET ME KNOW IF YOUR GUNNA GO TO ROCKY HILL, TALK TO U LATER

PAT
2000 MHR CR125

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Very short notice but i am going to Thomaston Dam on thurs after school. I figure i will get there for around 3 and leave at 5:00 6:00 o'clock . Anyone interested, i dont know if anyone will be there???

luvmywheels

May 13, 2002
Hey All, new to the site, and the dirt riding... I went to Thomaston dam the week before Mothers day and it was a blast! I'm newer to the dirt than the street, but would love to ride with people on either... I'm about 30 minutes south of Thomaston.

Rob
02 DRZ400S
01GSXR600

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
I was there that same week...Hey man could you make it up there tommorow afternoon arounf 3:30 4:00? I am not sure if anyone wil be up there.

Come to think of it i might have saw you up there. I was on the 00 yz125. New OEM like graphics and back number plate backrounds, but no numbers. There were a lot of people up there that week.
Marc

ttxr250

Feb 19, 2004
i've heard about this place. i am probably goin to check it out sometime this year. i heard it was really great there. and i also heard about a club in meriden. has anyone heard of this? if you have leave a message..thanks a lot! :)

Top Bottom