Rocky Hill, CT. Sunday 3/17...Just Go!

KloudKicker

Jan 10, 2001
Hey Guys!
I'm back in from Rocky Hill MX ( www.ctmotocross.com ) and the track is in better shape than I had hoped. Wet in spots, but avoidable and the jumps are in good shape. I was even able to chase after a few guys and not get plastered... so it really wasn't all that bad.

BUT WAIT! There's MORE!
Not to be one to let a good riding go to waste for anyone, Tony LaRusso(the new owner) had a decent sized loader down at the track at 4:30pm and will be cleaning up the track significantly for Sunday!
Refacing the jumps,
getting rid of the wet spots,
and generally making Sunday a day you will want to be heading for Rocky Hill to go ride ;)

Tony said that he plans to be back at the track by 9am to start doing more work on the track. If you show up early, bring a shovel or rake and dig in! ;) When the riding starts it should be a whole lot of fun!

It would have been a worthwhile trip to head back down on Sunday even with the conditions as there were, but seeing that loader pull in, I'm definately going to try and get there early! ;) :D

If you're not racing on Sunday and you're looking to go ride, Rocky Hill is definately in good shape! Should be in awsome shape if Tony has enough time to get to the whole track.

See ya There!
-Mark
www.NorthEastMotocross.com
NEMX #24

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Hey Mark-
Great job on your web site. Its about time someone listed all the regional tracks! Hope to catch you up at Rocky Hill sometime this year.

Wayne

KloudKicker

Jan 10, 2001
Well, normally they can't open up the track until after the spring thaw and annual flooding of the CT River. But other than what the resorts have been making for the skiiers, there hasn't been any snow to speak of, hence no flooding.. so Tony is opening up the track early hoping that there will be no flooding at all ;)

The Map
RH_map.gif

-Mark

PS: thanks guys :)
It's been a lot of work, but I like where it's going and a lot of people have found it useful... so that works for me :D
-M

Last edited:

KloudKicker

Jan 10, 2001
Well...
if you didn't make it down there, you missed out on a great day of riding with great track conditions!

The wet spots were gone and the soft spots that were there didn't count.

I finally got my but down there just before 2pm and there was a good amount of people still there enjoying the conditions.

For now, Tony plans on having the track open Saturday and Sunday from 10pm to dusk until the weather warms up a little more.

Quads are currently not allowed at the track, but he hasn't ruled it out just yet ;)

It was a great day to ride and hopefully next weekend will be good for riding as well :cool:

Keep an eye on the tracks message board for current conditions @ www.ctmotocross.com
-Mark

Top Bottom