yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I was planning on trying out my new Fabtech kit (fork revalve) on Wednesday morning. I had planned on just hitting up Boondoxxx or Bells, but with the recent rain we've been having, I think it'll be too slick to be fun. So, I'm planning on trying to head up to Rocky Ridge (if I go to Muenster I'll be there all day, and Rocky Ridge is closer). Does anybody know if they're open during the week? Do they have a website or anything like that? Even a phone number?

Does anybody want to join me?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Rocky Ridge is NOT open during the week. In fact, they're downright testy about it, as far as I can tell. Don't know where you can go close by to get out of the mud.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well that just sucks. Maybe I'll go to Muenster. Boondoxx sucks real bad in the mud, slick as ice. Same for Bells (which I'm not sure is even open during the week for non-members). Is anybody going to Muenster? JMD? Stan?

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I just comitted to being here to run the office on Wednesday, otherwise I'd love to go. Enduro Nut might go; he's sometimes a Wednesday guy.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
JMD said:
I just comitted to being here to run the office on Wednesday, otherwise I'd love to go. Enduro Nut might go; he's sometimes a Wednesday guy.

I didn't even know that you had a job :ohmy:
I mean with all of that week-day riding you get in. I just thought you were independently wealthy. But then I remembered how you described your Bronco with the 'customized' front end, so I ruled that theory out right away. :laugh:

I'm just jealous is all....
I wish I could go ride during the week :(

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
yzguy15 said:
Well that just sucks. Maybe I'll go to Muenster. Boondoxx sucks real bad in the mud, slick as ice. Same for Bells (which I'm not sure is even open during the week for non-members). Is anybody going to Muenster? JMD? Stan?

Go to Marshall Creek. It is sandy. Very sandy and with lots of whoops. There are some hellacious mud holes too though, so just watch where you point it...

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Make sure you post when you're going to be riding during the week from mid-Dec to mid-Jan, because I'll be home and, odds are, I'll be able to go for a weekday ride or two. I'm working a little during the break but I'm sure I could manage a ride or two.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Jeff I don't need sandy. I need breaking bumps, rocks, things of that sort. I'm trying to replicate race conditions to test out my suspenders.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
If you are going to Rocky Ridge, you might as well go to Muenster....
It isn't that much further and you know it is open on weekdays.
Just my $00.02 worth.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
yzguy: Go to Muenster, to Pete's Gate. When you exit Pete's gate from the north gate (closest to the river), go straight. Don't turn to the left or right on the main trail, just cross that and continue straight. It will take you down a really rocky hill and into a pretty rocky section that will test your boingers. You can turn around and ride up, too. It's plenty rocky. Wish I could go. Actually, I have the parts to repair my Bronco, just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Bought the hood, grille, bumper, and all front trim and headlight masks for under $500 shipped.

Top Bottom