pre-game

Jun 17, 2008
hey all im kinda new here, i am in the process of rebuilding my 99 cr 250, ive helped build bikes with my dad when i was way younger, but now i am attempting this on my own, my question is... should the conn-rod be able to have side to side slack? i can wiggle the rod slightly, i really dont want to attempt to crack the case myself, and i really dont want to drop the money to have someone else split them, but i was wondering is this normal, or a big deal that i should address or am i just freaking out over something that is doing what it is supposed to be doing,.??? thanks guys :bang:

pre-game

Jun 17, 2008
i will have to check again when i get home from work, but i think im good on the up and down movement, it just seemed loose side to side, i dont know if this would cause premature piston wear, or anything like that.. i would just rather be safe, and not kicking myself after i throw it all back together. but at the same time, a new rod assembly and paying for someone to install it is a big chunk of change for an older bike like mine... thanks guys :bang:

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
there should be side to side play, but never up and down play. If there is, you are going to have to re-do the crankshaft bearings.

pre-game

Jun 17, 2008
ok thats just what i needed to hear before i go out and spend lots of money on somehting that is still in good condition, thanks guys for your help..

Top Bottom