Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Whew!........that was a mutha. One of the toughest hs I ever rode. Mad mud holes, slippery clay, massive ruts, guys stuck all over the place-it was very tiring. Did good until the last lap and fell in a water hole and got stuck for a minute in a different hole-rode 3 laps in second place and then slipped back to 4th. I didn't know i was in second- I thought I was way back because I got off the start in second and on a hill the guy in front of me fell and the world went by us as I waited for him to get up so I could move, got going again and a kid from the z class fell on another hill and same deal so i though I was way back. I passed a bunch of guys but I didn't think I as all the way to second place but on the 4th lap I went around some mud and the guy that ended up second went by on a Honda. The last 2 laps I was dicing it up for 3rd -we went back and forth pasing each other and then i went down in the water and he got away from me by 24 seconds I think.

Oh well, no DUST! Heres a few pics of the bike afterward, it took at least an hour to get it clean. I'm pretty proud of my daughter erin, today was her first hare scramble and she was first by 5 minutes and that was with a nice face smash into the bars when she cased a jump just after the start when she passed second place for first-she got excited I guess and forgot to roll the jump! :cool:

we had a fun day.

Attachments

• IMG_0008x.jpg
    IMG_0008x.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0009x.jpg
    IMG_0009x.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0010x.jpg
    IMG_0010x.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 296

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
meterman said:
How long did it take to get the driveway clean?

A long time, my daughter did it while i un hooked tailers and put stuff away but these thunder storms will finish the job!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
I am glad I made the decision to ride at Boon on Sat. in the sunshine, dry trails & whoops instead of BW mud.
Sounds like you had a good ride even with the mud.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Don Marsh said:
I am glad I made the decision to ride at Boon on Sat. in the sunshine, dry trails & whoops instead of BW mud.
Sounds like you had a good ride even with the mud.

Hey nice bumping into you guys Saturday. That was a pretty chance meeting for sure. We continued North for a bit more then turned tail and headed for home. Made it to White Cloud with 203miles on the Odo. That was an ass kicker for sure.

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Looks like your daughter is power washing the riding gear. Thats a always a good sign of a fun ride plus it makes moma happy when she does the washing. :ride:

Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys. I hope I did'nt hold you up to bad.

Rick

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Don, it was a great day for theat type of ride, good seeing you.
Rick, you can tag along anytime it was a fun group.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
The Iowa OMA national was no cake walk either…..Tornado’s – Lighting – Down poring rain and flash flood’s! What a mud fest! The worst conditions I’ve ever raced in my career!

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Definitely a toughie at BW. I've never ridden in rain that was coming down so hard you couldn't see the track. They could've called that one a lap early and I wouldn't have minded. Gallt went through around 2:40 or so and should've got the checkered...but he got the white. Ouch.

Time for a complete tear down. Hope to see a good turn out for the staff at Valley.

7M

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
They gave me the white flag at 2:44 . Five minutes later I over heated and was soaked to the bone by the downpour. The good news is the bike cooled down quickly and I was able to ride it back on the two track. I don't know how long it would have taken to finish another lap after the downpour, but I wasn't going to try. That clay and black mud was already getting impassable. This was my first hare scramble, it was definitely memorable :cool: . SEAN

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Good for you on finishing the day out :cool: The next few races should be good. Thanks for coming out to our series. The next race at Valley will be a good one. The lay of the land there is pretty low, so there will be water, but the soil is very sandy, so most of the trail can take the rain.

Hope you can make it.

Mark

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom