enduro dude

Feb 16, 2004
Hello
I am new to this so my typing stinks but it sounds like it spells.
I rode mine in the 30 degree weather and had a bog when the throttle was was twisted hard. I turned in the piolet it helped but did not cure it. It did not hesitate when rolled on though Pilot too rich?
Also I put a 13 tooth front sprocket on to help with tight woods you do not have to use the clutch as much.
Has anyone read the Honda wrench report it says to change the cam,head pipe,cut air box,and jetting changes. I am working on that right but parts are back ordered.
Any feed back would be helpful.
Thanks

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
You might try some different screw adjustments to see if a change in the mixture ratio will help the bog. IF not I would try a different setting on the needle to see if you tune that bog out that way.

I took a short ride on my buddies CRF250X and realy liked it. I was stock with the exception of the baffle removed. I did notice that it does not like to lug when your in the wrong gear, but a little clutch action and your right back in it. The suspension was pretty nice on it. Pounded some pretty large sand whoops pretty nice. Did a few corners on it and liked that to. I could pull the front wheel up very easy in second and thrid. I would like a little bit more seat time on it and a few of our nastier trails, but it was a good bike.

fokis

Oct 20, 2003
Bog

My 250X has the same bog that you are referring to. I am in the process of changing the pilot jet to a 42 to see if it helps. I'll let you know.

enduro dude

Feb 16, 2004
I changed the pilot jet to 42 the main to a 158 the stock needle two clip positions richer and the accelerator pump bleed to a 70. I also put in a crf250 cam, head pipe, cut air box, removed diffuser from muffler, also a 13 tooth front sprocket. I ride tight woods in the Jersey pine lands. The bike runs the way it should now. Also I am looking into some needles that are supposed to work well.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Where would those be? ;)

I have no clue where they would be on the FCR. My pig runs a minkuni and they covered the fuel screw with a brass plug that you had to drill out, but my guess on your carb would be under the Airbox side of the carb or does it not have any?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The mention of adjustmentS made me wonder if there was more than one?

Yeah...there's the one in the bowl on the downstream side. BTW...is this an air/fuel screw or an air screw? Generally, downstream adjusters are the former, not the latter.

What tool do you use to get TO it, anyway. I don't know that 90º tools are small enough to fit.

My riding buddy's bike has the same bog. I'd sooner read about the (correct) fix than figger it out. ;)

enduro dude

Feb 16, 2004
tool for adjusting pilot

I use a simple peice of clear tubing about 3 inches long. Simply mark with scribe or magic marker and slide over adjustment screw with needle nose pliers. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom