Rommel, you magnificent buzzard! I read your book

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
..or words to that effect....

Questions like the one asking for diagrams of suspensions bring forth the obvious question:

Why doesn't someone write a book on dirt bike suspension. A really useful book like Eric Gorrs general purpose off road book except dealing in depth with dirt bike suspension.

I have heard that there is a pretty fair suspension guy who is a personal friend of Eric Gorr. Has Eric derived significant income from his book? Couldn't he grease the skids at Motorbooks? Wouldn't it be fun to "cheese" off all the other tuners? My opinion is that there is enough art involved in suspension tuning that making knowlege of the mechanics of suspension will have little if any negative affect on business.

Hey, every spray can has instructions on the back and somehow Troy Lee keeps painting helmets....

------------------
MACE

Hey ho, let's go... Hey ho, let's go...
Hey ho, let's go... Hey ho, let's go-o-o-o!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Mace, I for one would buy it today!! Sign me up! ..you listening Jer?

As for taking away business, I personnally have already spent more money playing and trying to understand suspension than it would have cost me for full revalves! In fact, my plan is to get mine re-valved professionally for comparison sake and to further my understanding by example.

The ones out to save money, by doing it themselves, probably would never have paid to have it done in the first place...just my observation.

Mace, watch out for the glint of those pearl handle nickel 6 shooter in the sun!

------------------
JTT
No matter where you go...there you are

[This message has been edited by JTT (edited 04-16-2001).]

MACE

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 13, 1999
Only a quad riding pit racer or a freestyle poser would carry a pearl-handled pistol!

Those are half waffle Renthals!

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Originally posted by MACE:
Only a quad riding pit racer or a freestyle poser would carry a pearl-handled pistol!

Those are half waffle Renthals!

LOL! I didn't know ol' George had a Renthal sponsor!

------------------
JTT
"Character is like a tree, and reputation is like it's shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, but the tree...the tree is the real thing."
Abe Lincoln

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Now you've done it...let the cat out of the bag. Now you've got us all in a lather and we'll have to wait. :( Like being a kid, waiting for Christmas...

------------------
JTT
"Character is like a tree, and reputation is like it's shadow. The shadow is what we think of it, but the tree...the tree is the real thing."
Abe Lincoln

dirtbikedad

Mar 24, 2001
I'll help with the book. You provide the knowledge. I'll find someone who can put pen to paper and pass rational thoughts. (I can't)

------------------
Old guy who putts around on a '00 WR400F behind the KX_kid

Top Bottom