Roselawn Enduro: Sand Booger / Sand Goblin - April 21/22, 2007

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
They are on Central Time down there right? (an extra hour of sleep would be great, but the lost hour for the return trip wont be!)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I just talked to Mr. ISDE(T) - aka Jeff Fredette. He did mileage last week on the Sand Buger and has a 14 mile loop set up for the family enduro. Same format - 12 mph first loop and 18 mph on the second. We will be using the new class system - based on age only (no displacement divisions).

Here are some things that we will try at this event:

The younger age groups will have later numbers reserved for them - NO FAVORTISM - we are concerned about safety and realize many of these riders have not attended DW's How to Make the Enduro Pass Class. Also, the trail will be more established for the younger riders.

We want the kids to learn to keep time. At GKTL Fall event last year, Jeff advised the parents to ride behind the kids or risk a penalty. He did not receive any complaints. If a parent does keep time for the child, a 5 point penalty will be added to the score.

Another change we will try is a Family Entry Fee. GKTL still need to work out the details, but if a family has three or more participants in this event the entry fee will be discounted.

Jeff and I both agree that in order to improve the series we need to try some different things and see how it goes. I remember the original Family Enduros were only 12 mph. We tried the 18 mph loop and it was successful. I am sure not everyone is going to agree with these changes, but I hope you understand our intent.

If you are a FES veteran, please bring a friend. If you have never tried one, I encourage you to give it a try. There are many of us here on MTR that provide guidance/advice.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
I always ride behind Caleb, it’s a real confidence builder. I always tell him at the starting line “OK Caleb lets see how many checks we can burn today!” The look on his face is always pricless. :ride:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
fatherandson said:
We will be using the new class system - based on age only (no displacement divisions).

The younger age groups will have later numbers reserved for them.

If a parent does keep time for the child, a 5 point penalty will be added to the score.

... if a family has three or more participants in this event the entry fee will be discounted.
Like all the new ideas... :cool:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Boy it will be some ride if in the BUDDY CLASS Blaine has to keep time.
Just kidding
Don

Top Bottom