whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Back in New Orleans the week of Mardi Gras? Now I know why Nolaw did not make it? I could not resist that one. Lites carnage or what? The track, worst one yet. It was like watching everyone racing sick? I do not know how else to explain it? Izzy and Davalos not on the line of the main, and a few others? But, some fresh guys were sure riding their butts off! A gang of Wharton's and Blair come to mind first. Poor confused announcers, oh it was blue gear? I sure been thinking about the equalizer and shutting them off. The big boys, so who caught Reeds little tiff after crossing the finish? Tear off abuse, I have seen that one before! RV got lapped, and Ivan! A day after tape, and Daytona was way better. Something had to happen, even Daisy was back there floundering. Stuart is playing on Chads weakness, himself! The tv caught JBS getting squirrelly through the whoops, and case 2 jumps, and still clear a triple. The guy is inhuman! That was the reddest Reed yet.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Let me guess, he broke his wrist yesterday? Because those episodes are aired live each Sunday?

Micah

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
It was last weekend's episode. He was in a cast this weekend's episode as well.

edit: Hmm, can't find any news on it, maybe the "new" episodes were filmed a good amount of time ago and he's all healed up. Dunno.

I sure would love to watch him race, do a backflip and get yelled at again.

Last edited:

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
Yes I'm sure the entire show was taped and done with before the first episode aired. So that's at least 6 weeks ago or so. I can't wait either but i'm sure he won't do as well as i'm hoping. Even if he is still fast, his fitness won't be there. Just like Henry at southwick every year. He'd start out up front for about 5 laps and then start falling back.

Side note: any one know what doug is up to these days? Last i heard was snowmobiles and maybe motard stuff.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
I expect a somewhat healthy Travis to still get into the Main. What happens in the Main is anyone's guess. Maybe a top 10 if he's lucky. But personally, I'll be surprised if he even races in the main. I can see him qualifying and splitting like he did in Daytona. Either way it'll be the icing on the cake for what should be an exciting round.

As for Doug Henry, I think these days he's paralized. He was doing very well (with Jeff Ward) in Supermoto until a nasty crash. Hell, that was probably 2 years ago now. Last I saw/heard of him was from the commentator's booth at X-Games during Supermoto. Between his injury and Jeff's skin cancer they both went from some very promising retirement years in that sport to some really tough times lately.

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
pastrana rumor

from dirtrider d com

Pastrana racing St. Louis

Clear Channel Entertainment's Motor Sports division announced that Suzuki-backed Travis Pastrana will race in the 250cc division of THQ World Supercross GP/THQ AMA Supercross Series at the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis March 13.

Pastrana, the 2000 125cc outdoor motocross champion and 2001 125cc Eastern Regional Supercross champion, has taken some time off of racing to heal some nagging injuries and is now ready to challenge series hot shoes Chad Reed and Kevin Windham.

"March 13 will be one of the first races of the season for Travis Pastrana and the fans are very excited to see him," said Anita Helmin, director of marketing, Clear Channel Entertainment - Motor Sports. "Travis is definitely a fan favorite and they have been anxiously waiting for him to get back on the track."

"I am truly excited to be racing in St. Louis," said Pastrana. "I have never lost a race in St. Louis, and I plan on having equal success this year. I have been training for the past few months and feel that I am ready to put on a great show for the fans of St. Louis."

Tickets for the St. Louis race of THQ World Supercross GP/AMA Supercross Series are available at the Edward Jones Dome, by phone at 314/241-1888.

ericz103

Aug 18, 2006
Is that an old interview there?
Clear Channel motorsports? thought supercross is now a Feld entertainment or whatever?
250 cc is now 450 or just supercross
Time off for injury not really
Windham and Reed mentioned but no stewart?
THQ supercross, not Monster Energy?
And lastly, expecting to win?

Think it may be a little dated there...

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I think this is the up to date news release..

Sports announced today that six AMA Supercross legends have been selected to assist in the design process for six 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, race tracks.

Seven-time AMA Supercross champion Jeremy McGrath will help design the Anaheim 3 race track at Angel Stadium. Two-time AMA Supercross champion Ricky Johnson will help design the course at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium. Five-time AMA Supercross champion Ricky Carmichael will design the track inside Atlanta's Georgia Dome. Multi-time AMA National champion Mike LaRocco will help design the track at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium. Three-time AMA Supercross champion Jeff Stanton will help design the track at Toronto's Rogers Centre and AMA Supercross Lites class champion Travis Pastrana will help design the track at St. Louis' Edward Jones Dome.

"We begun using rider-inspired track designs in 2008 season. For 2009, we wanted to put a different spin on our rider-inspired track designs," said Dave Prater, director of supercross, Feld Motor Sports. "We asked six former AMA Supercross superstars to give us their personal input on specific track designs. In an effort to create variety, we chose riders with distinctly different riding styles. It's going to be interesting to see how the different tracks fit each rider's personality."

Carmichael, who is tied with McGrath for the all-time win record in Atlanta, meticulously designed his track and looks forward to watching an epic race unfold inside the Georgia Dome.

"Designing the race track at the Georgia Dome is a special opportunity because I have enjoyed so much success there in both the AMA Supercross class and AMA Supercross Lites class," said Carmichael.

The six tracks are can be viewed on www.SupercrossOnline.com.

Anaheim 3, track design by Jeremy McGrath:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/anaheim3.html

San Diego, track design by Ricky Johnson:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/sandiego.html

Atlanta, track design by Ricky Carmichael:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/atlanta.html

Indianapolis, track design by Mike LaRocco:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/indy.html

St. Louis, track design by Travis Pastrana:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/stlouis.html

Toronto, track design by Jeff Stanton:
http://www.supercrossonline.com/images/track_and_seating/2009/toronto.html

I believe Travis will undoubtedly be there, he designed the track, but I doubt he will race.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Pastrana's racing, the idiot box said so, yesterday, and every time I re-watch it, it says the same thing! He still carries the card, has tried it before, and is racing. The circus thing was filmed quite some time ago, sheez!

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Yeah, ODM2 has some very dated info there...as you can tell by the date, it doesn't even correspond with the St. Louis round this year. And yeah, the fact that Shaheen and Emig were braggin about Pastrana "RACING" pretty much seals it up for me.

Only thing I'm afraid of now is that Pastrana designed the track? Ugh. Let me guess, he's gonna have a "slip n' bleed" parking in the middle of the track?

ODM2

Mar 16, 2009
okay, can't pull anything on you guys. You want speedtv. I'll give ya speed. in the current year even! and, no, I have no clue who denny warthog is.

AMA SX: Pastrana to Race at St. Louis
Written by: Denny Hartwig
03/17/2009 - 04:17 PM
Aurora, IL
Page 1 2
Travis Pastrana's double back fip. » More Photos

Former Eastern regional AMA Supercross Lites class champion and multi-time X-Games Gold Medal winner Travis Pastrana will race this weekend’s Monster Energy® Supercross, an FIM World Championship, at St. Louis’ Edward Jones Dome. Pastrana, who assisted in the track design process, has not competed in an AMA Supercross class race since 2006.

The winner of eight AMA Supercross Lites class races, Pastrana has never won in the premier AMA Supercross class. Over the past two months Pastrana buckled down and committed to an intense training regimen in preparation for this weekend’s race. During Pastrana’s racing career he enjoyed huge success in St. Louis in the Lites class and is the only AMA Supercross
Lites class rider to win in back-to-back years.

“I have three goals heading into this weekend’s race in St. Louis: qualify for the main event, race all 20 laps without hitting the dirt and lead one lap of either the qualifier or the main event,” said Pastrana.

Know for his at times wild yet entertaining style, Pastrana is arguably the most decorated two-wheel motorcycle racer in the world, having won five amateur national championships, an AMA Supercross Lites class championship, an AMA Motocross Lites class championship and nine X-Games Gold Medals to name a few of his accomplishments.

“I want to have fun this weekend and mix it up on the track,” he added.

Throughout his career Pastrana has gained national attention on some of the most recognizable media outlets, including ESPN the Magazine, the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Late Night with David Letterman. Pastrana and friends have taken their antics to MTV with their hit reality show Nitro Circus where top action sports stars take part in one-upmanship actions that personify Travis Pastrana.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
ODM2 said:
Pastrana is arguably the most decorated two-wheel motorcycle racer in the world

Well, he is certainly more decorated than any 1 wheel, 3 wheel, 4 wheel or 5+ wheel motorcycle racers.

As for the 2 wheel motorcycle racers: Ricky Carmichael. Jeremy McGrath. And everyone else who has won a major AMA or FIM title. Shoot, we can argue everyone who has won an SX or MX main event is more decorated - TP has yet to win in the big boy class.

Glad to see him back (on a track he designed and no doubt has a replica to practice on), and it would be fun to see him accomplish his goals. But most decorated 'two wheel motorcyle in the world'? :rotfl:

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
That's why he's "arguably" the most decorated.

I think I would have said, "arguably the most successful multi-faceted 2 wheel motorcycle racer in the world." Just due to his ability to step into a different venue and do well (rally car (usually on two wheels :)), GNCC, flat track, freestyle, etc...)

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
ODM2 said:
Pastrana is arguably the most decorated two-wheel motorcycle racer in the world
dirt bike dave said:
Shoot, we can argue everyone who has won an SX or MX main event is more decorated
Micahdawg said:
That's why he's "arguably" the most decorated.
is arguably
we can argue
he's arguably

We can argree!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Maybe, crashed in more different types of racing? Maybe, the biggest pair of boots in racing? At least lead 1 lap eh? Maybe, a real good race to watch? Too bad it is not going to be live, I may fork over the money to listen to THIS one! 4 hour ride, and get paid to flag. I do not think I could trust myself, to mind my position and not bring a camera!

Top Bottom