Round 2, Carl Struthers Memorial HS series

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Well after missing the first round I made it to the 2nd. This race was only a 2 mile course, half of it on the moto track. Not being a motocross type rider, that part slowed me down quite a bit. I couldnt do the doubles and tripples and whoops like someone that has actually ridden on a track can. Luckily for me the rest of the track was in nice deep sand up some pretty steep hills, the poor moto boys didnt know what to do, I must have passed at least 15 guys on the first lap that were stuck on the side of the hill :) Then a couple more that were afraid to go down the hill. :) But then things turned for the worst, I got stuck in a rut in a corner that they hadnt groomed and I laid the bike over, that wasnt too bad. Then the next thing I know im laying on the ground with a 520 KTM on top of me, man those things are heavy. After I got the giant beast off of me and back to my bike, I discovered I had a broken rear brake pedal. :( I made it back to the pits and figured out that the pedal wasnt broken, but the bolt on the master cylinder that threads to the clevis thing that hooks to the pedal, had stripped out. We were going to fix it, but the officials decided to take my card while I went to the truck to get tools. :| So I called it a day and became a spectator.

Were any of you guys out there?

Top Bottom