Round 2 spoiler!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
What the heck happened? JL never made the main,UNBELIEVABLE! The SX finished like a barn burner. RV got lapped, he got 7th!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
What the heck happened? JL never made the main,UNBELIEVABLE! !

Crashed in practise. May have broken his hand. Karma. :p

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Lawrence took a pretty good tumble in practice. He ended up on the ground in his heat and then after a bad start in the LCQ he ended up behind a pileup which dropped him way back to about 8th. From there he gave up even though I think he might have been close if he ran it out.

Mar 18, 2006
Yes he does. Nice to see someone staying close to JS, though. Once they get that bike set-up......

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I don't think JS looks "right" on his new ride either. On his Kaws he seemed to put the bike where he wanted it. Who am I to talk but, I never felt I could get the Yamaha's to turn... felt like riding a freight train.
The Zuk seems to work well for Reed.
Hot Sauce has stepped it up.
What's up with Millsaps?
Go Dungey!
Jerk-Law, the talk ain't matching the walk... dude

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Man did Canard go down, ouch! Good to see JG up front again, finishing 28 seconds behind though? Bowers must have had issues off camera, he was on it. 5 lap Millsaps. He got RV though. I really hate to say, Reed rode about the best I have seen in quite some time. JS looked a lot better settled, but still has some work to do somewhere? They lapped RV? RMZ 250's are pretty scarce on the line, reckon how that sits with Suzuki? That was an awful 1 line track set up. Should be a rule, got to be at least over a minute a lap, or its arena cross! The Jlaw bad luck karma grows, could not happen to a better acting fellow.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Yeah bad getoff for Canard, this isn't a good way to start 09.

As for JS....I can't figure out what is going on. Bad bike, bad setup, lack of practice, interteam squabbling? He obviously doesn't like his bike though for whatever reason. Even on the podium he didn't look "satisfied" and made a backhanded compliment, "I'm happy for Reed, especially since he was faster....but I just willed myself to win." Maybe he meant nothing by it, but pointing out that the 2nd place dudes Zuk is faster and saying nothing nice about your your bike? Everyone else is saying, "yeah the bike was great, gotta give it up to x, y, and z...."

*actually, JS turned a 51.84 to Reeds 51.91, but...*

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
One thing I noticed, JS's public relations and presence behind the microphone sure has improved.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
One thing I noticed, JS's public relations and presence behind the microphone sure has improved.
Last week, by not sticking that microphone where Erin may not expect was enormous control!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
^^^ No doubt! I don't know that I could have held back to saying only... "I crashed."

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
Last week, by not sticking that microphone where Erin may not expect was enormous control!

:) no doubt, I don't think I could have walked away without telling her where to stick that thing.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
On a speed week interview, I was told he commented to her that "he was ready to punch her, when she grabbed his arm". Wonder how they are on getting copies? Anyone else see it?

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
He may have said he wanted to punch her, but he didn't say that to her. That's why they send the hot chick for the tough interview. Can you imagine emig trying to get a response. "Yeah, I gotta response, Phluk off!" :)

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
On a speed week interview, I was told he commented to her that "he was ready to punch her, when she grabbed his arm". Wonder how they are on getting copies? Anyone else see it?

I think his actual quote was something more to the effect of how glad he was talking to her under better circumstanes (a win) because "I thought we were going to exchange blows last week"... or something far more tactful than what you have above. When I get a chance I'll get the exact quote. I have it dvred. He was actually almost charming about it and she seemed to appreciate it well enough.

It was the immediate post race interview.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Okiewan said:
I still say James looks rough on the blue bike.

And Reed looked very smooth...

B

biglou

Looks like Bubba finally handicapped himself! No ill will intended, but yeah, he just does not look as smooth or comfortable on the blue bike. The upside: Potentially a full year of close racing until he switches to red next year, lol!

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
biglou said:
The upside: Potentially a full year of close racing until he switches to red next year, lol!

That would be sweet but I like Kdub so hopefully James goes to the factory team. I don't want windham to have to switch bikes. None of the riders the factory team has now are really doing much anyway. I like millsaps but he just can't seem to do much or stay consistent.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
biglou said:
Looks like Bubba finally handicapped himself! No ill will intended, but yeah, he just does not look as smooth or comfortable on the blue bike. The upside: Potentially a full year of close racing until he switches to red next year, lol!

This is the exact same team Reed was on last year, and he looked smooth on the Yamaha. And now he looks smooth on the Zuk,,

I think it is just that Bubba has never switched teams before and there will be some growing pains as he has to learn to communicate to a whole new team what he wants and needs in bike set up to be comfortable.

Deadohiosky39

Jul 12, 2008
^ Hasn't Reed been on Yamahas, at least since he came to the States? Seems like he wouldn't have much experience switching teams either.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Being a Suzuki rider, and according to the frame geometry and handling characteristics, I think the RMZ450 and RM250 are designed to be quick turning bikes that make them just right for Supercross and even woods riding. Although not as stable for faster, more high speed stuff. I believe Reed was riding Zuk's before coming here to the States. He sure looks comfortable/dialed in on it. I think the other end of the spectrum is the Yamaha... super stable, more effort required to make them work when it's tight. I think we all feel more "at home" on different mounts. Stewart WILL adapt, he's too good not to.... nobody will touch him outdoors IMO.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Yeah, James just doesn't look nearly as comfortable out there on the blue bike... The whoops have always been his bread & butter, but he seemed to really be struggling with them at Phoenix... Oh well, this should actually make for some good racing in the premier class for a change...

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Deadohiosky39 said:
^ Hasn't Reed been on Yamahas, at least since he came to the States? Seems like he wouldn't have much experience switching teams either.

Yes, but I believe 3 or 4 different Yamaha teams. Certainly more than one.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I agree, they need to get that Yammy workin' in the whoops.

Reed is dialed on the Suzuki.

Justin Brayton is my new hero.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…