EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
I realize this is extremely short notice, but the past two week's events have prompted me to take a day off and ride. Anyone from So. Cal interested/able to ride up at Rowher flat tomorrow (Friday the 28th)? I'm flexible on time, but afternoon works best.

rneithart@yahoo.com

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
E M Rider, sorry I missed your post. I was riding on the high roads from Gorman to Lake Hughes. If it had hot been so hot I would have been at Rowher. On that ride I tried out saddlebags meant for a horse on my XR200R. They worked very well. For dirt roads and easy trails the rifle scabbard works well to. I think I will be doing some remote camping soon.(no rifle)

:cool:

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
Rogue, I had a feeling that asking on such short notice was a bit futile. My golden rule is "never ride alone" so I decided to pass. There seems to be a decent number of DRN locals with interest in Rowher so maybe a decent size group ride could be organized with more notice? I've never ridden up there so I have no clue where to go. If you don't mind being the guide, count me in.

Rogue

Dec 25, 2000
Maybe I should refer to Rowher as my private OHV park. When I ride on weekdays I am often the only one there. I have never seen a DRN sticker there(except mine) nor have the few I have talked to been familiar with DRN.
I am uasually free for about 5 days a week to ride. If anyone wants a guide for Rowher let me know.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Rogue,
I`m getting tired of work. If you can go tomorrow(Friday), I think I can work a ride in. I know its short notice, I figure it might be worth a try.

ghunter

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 24, 2001
Love that place!

I live in Saugus and ride the Drinkwater Flat --> Rowher Flat area as much as possible. I'm not in town much during the week, but weekends are normally good. When is the next ride?

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I have to be back home early-midafternoon. So I`ll be leaving inthe morning. I`ll check back here before I leave in case anyone can make it.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
I`m doing my errands this morning. That means I`ll be there this afternoon. Hopefully around 12. 1:00 PM should be the latest. I drive a full size brown blazer and xr 400. I have been there once befor, I`ll be in the first staging area. I`ll check back here just before I leave. See ya there.

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Rogue,
Thanx for the guided tour. You know those trails like it is your back yard. I thought I was in for a slow ride when I saw XR200. It was all I could do to keep up on those billy goat trails. After the last 2 rides at Phelan,I thought I was getting good.(No falls, No drops of Bike). I had one good fall and three bike falls that I was able to stay on my feet.

I am looking forward to riding with you again. Maybe we can go towards Gorman. There and back maybe to far for one day.

Top Bottom