cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
my ez cd creator has been closing when i try to record a cd. It says it has encountered a problem then just says it has to close? y the would it do this? It seems to have started after i used the search and destroy thing. but i didnt remove anything that is for the cd burner? anyone have this problem?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Try setting your record speed to a lower setting. I.E. If its a 12x max burner, set it to 8x. This has worked for me numerous times.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Nero is a much better burning program IMO.

Anyway did you try uninstalling then reinstalling Roxio? That would be the first thing to try as this will replace any drivers that may be deleted or corrupt...

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
They can't legally give you software with you having some way of reinstalling it, be that a CD or Internet download. Or did you buy the PC second hand?

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
No sweat CR. Ive ran into this problem way too many times to count....:)

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I had the same problem. I uninstalled Roxio but it left something in my registry, so now I always get a warning that Windows has disabled a non-working program. Does anyone know how to remove the roxio ghosts?

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
RV, you can check your registrey, look in H Key local Machiene software and look for any keys for it. Check your startup menu for a shortcut, check your sys tray if Win 98 for an item thats launching at startup, check your services if its Win 2K or XP.
Nero is a great burnner but it is complex for the novice IMHO. EZ CD creator is nice and easy to use. XP pro comes with built in burn software you can add files to the burn cue through the right click menu Send to/ CD-RW drive option. Im not sure if XP home has that or not but I would think it would.

Top Bottom