RPM's Max Power 277 Q for Rich

jr.ink

Mar 29, 2004
Rich you mentioned before that the piston in this kit is too heavy and that I need to get more air. I know this is not your kit, but I am willing to bet you know more about it than I do.

What advice would you give me for getting more top end power out of it?

How do I get more air to it? etc...

I have had a few big bore Yamaha 250f's (that you and Erik did) and I have to tell you I really like the CRF277kit so far. It actually revs better than a few other big bores I have ridden. (which sounds couter intuitive to what you said earlier?) It just seems like I could use even a little more top end. I ride +25 and Vet A. I do pretty well against the 450's and ussually finish in at least the top 5.

Engine wise it is all stock except for a WB Carbon Pro Pipe, rejetted for MN wheather (as it changes). Backfire screen removed. I run pump 93 octane. I did put the 450f leak jet in it. Pro Action suspension is just fine. I ground the cases myself to fit the kit in. Valve train is all with in specs. 15 hours on it.

I like to ride the bike like a 125 minus all the shifting. AKA I would rather rev it out to the next corner than shift up and back down. I have never had valve trouble on any of the 6 250f's I have owned (big bore and otherwise) and I ride them hard. Weekly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
jr.ink said:
What advice would you give me for getting more top end power out of it?

How do I get more air to it? etc...

Cylinder head work, a cam to compliment it, and better quality valve springs or regular changing of the OEM valve springs.

jr.ink said:
I like to ride the bike like a 125 minus all the shifting. AKA I would rather rev it out to the next corner than shift up and back down.

If that's the way you want to ride it you better put a lighter piston in it, or a MUCH higher quality connecting rod with a a good lower end bearing and proper bushing in the small end (Falicon is a good source) . The OEM rod is good, but it's not THAT good.

Top Bottom