ochster

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 11, 2000
Just installed, and tested the integrated clamp/stabilizer, from RTT. On initial examination, the machine work, design, fit, is as good ive seen. There was a couple little things I did not like. The upper surface of the clamp, that usually lines up with a detent/line on the fork tube (for standard hiegth location), was a couple mm's taller, and covered it. I will correct this by milling off the stem collar below the clamp. Also they utilized metric allen screws on everything except the stem nut. It is a recessed, o-ringed affair, with a 3/8" hex size. The vent tube can still go through it. The steel mounting arm that attaches to the od of the top of the frame, had a slight step (mill step), that will need to cleaned up, but I will probably end up with a couple spot welds. I would really like to install a threaded mounting lug to the backbone, with a removable stem. There were some sharp/squared corners/edges, up at the front right of the clamp, where most throttle cables ride, especially if your using a oem odo. I just chamfered/radiused them down, as to not tear up/bind the cables. Actual modulation was very nice, using 3rd detent out of 7. And left hand thumb adjuster, wich either deletes dampening, or reduces by 50%, worked very well. The tubing for the remote thumb switch, neccesitates you put it on the left, and run the kill switch to the right. The tubing itself add's to clutter on the left side (clutch cable/front brake cable etc), but tucks down nicely. If you run your bars shorter than 30", the tubing will bunch up, and ride high. I would ask this to be made shorter by an inch, if this your normal set-up (less than 30" width). It comes with no torque specs, so common sense, and/or oem specs should be used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom