Running Cactus Enduro So. Cal. 3/24

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Click Here

I know that The Eel and MCassle will be attending but what about the rest of the usual suspects? RMjeff (soon to be WRjeff), Placelast, Scar, holeshot, Cpt Jack, Bretr are you guys going to be able to get kitchen passes?;)

And what about the rest of the So Cal. Wrecking crew?

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Jeff - Will you be on a WR or and RM?

Matt - I'll be arriving Saturday around noonish. Just look for this truck and scooter.......

Attachments

• my pictures0001.jpg
    my pictures0001.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 280

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs
Jeff - Will you be on a WR or and RM?

The bike will either ship this Friday or Monday. So if all goes well I should have the WR.

I'm hoping to get rid of the RM soon. Any takers???????

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Hmmmm...
Weekend before Easter.....
Ride an enduro rather than work one....
Hmmmm...

thumbs, your link doesn't work for me. Where is this place?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Come on Brian, what's a few hours on the road. Just bring that palace on wheels and spend the weekend in the desert. I promise that GSR won't be there to knock you over.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I would really like to get into running enduros, but don't know the first thing about them,how much different are enduros from Desert racing as far as terrain ? or is it pretty much the same.

SoCa DRZ-S

Oct 19, 2000
Sounds like fun and I had a great time on riding with y'all last time at Hodge Rd. I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to ride with the group.

Sounds like it's all WR's these days. I may have my new WR by then, but don't want to take a chance on screwing up our vacation in Maui on the 28th...

... besides, I think the first thing I'm doing with the new bike is getting the suspension done to lower it. I couldn't even touch the ground on the stock bike.

Have a blast

Mike

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I really wanted to go with the KTM400 but I couldnt justify spending that much money on one bike.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Hey Thumbsy boy, is it Sat or Sun. The link says both days? Scar will be in da house. Just need to know when. I'll see if I can hold down the mighty WR to a slow enough pace to hit the times posted.

Its 90% bike 10% rider, I just try and hold on with a stupid looking smile on my face. :aj:

Just curious, Is the any Asbestos in this one? :p

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
JPIVEY - Enduros are held on all different kinds of terrain. The club that I belong to has all desert enduros. Anything that the desert has to offer will be on the course. Wide open sand washes, rocky hill climbs, fire roads, open desert, tight ravines, brush covered single track and of course a whooped out section here and there.

Click on the link in my first post and go to the bottom left side of the page and click on "go back to previous page". Once you are there you can go to the photo page for some photos from previous events.

Just come on out and we will teach you everything that you need to know. Your first race is just for fun and to get an idea of how things work.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
No Asbestos this time :). Race is Sunday morning, Saturday is a kids ride. I'll be there Saturday around noonish just to play ride.

If anyone wants to get a preview of the course come on out this Saturday. The only catch is that you have to help us with the "fill in" ribbon. :)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by thumbs

If anyone wants to get a preview of the course come on out this Saturday. The only catch is that you have to help us with the "fill in" ribbon. :)

Sounds like a plan.... this may be a way to train myself to look for ribbon.:confused:

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Sounds like fun thumbs, have you got a computer for that CR?

Have fun

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Ron - I'll be there this Saturday around 9ish to help with the ribbon. Just look for my truck at the staging area. (Go right for 2.1 miles from the stop sign at the Hodge Road exit)

Dopey - No computer, I use a trailtech (speedo/odo), stop watch and roll chart. Works much better than the sundial and yard stick that I was using....lol I'm going to borrow a friends computer for this race and see how it works out. If I like it I'll buy it.

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Running cactuses? Man you guys better be careful! I ran into one of those standing still, and it took me an hour to pull all the spindley thingies out of my front tire and boot. And the ones that made it through my elbow pad hurt like like a .....

Good luck! ;)

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Thumbs, If you don't mind I would like to take you up on this,but I'm commited to the Dirt Digger H/H on the 24th., I will keep my eye out for the next one you post and in the mean time I will try and learn as much as I can about it.

Sound like a lot of fun :cool:

MCassle

Apr 29, 2001
Matt - I'll be arriving Saturday around noonish. Just look for this truck and scooter....... [/B]

I'll look for it...If I knew how to attach an image, I'd show you a picute of my rig.

I'll be there Friday night, going to rent a 19 footer & bring the wife/kids. Looking forward to it, I'm still cleaning the mud off of my bike from Clear Creek :confused:

Matt

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by MCassle

I'll look for it...If I knew how to attach an image, I'd show you a picture of my rig.
Matt

Hey this is a family site! :confused:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I thought to win the enduro all you had to do was be late for the start, ride blind, crash a few times and make it to the finish. I have the instructions all wrong. Back to Enduro 101 class for me.

Top Bottom