Running the Twin Hill at Hollister Hills.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
My friend took some pictures and a video of me bombing the ol' 1987 CR250 up Twin hill at Hollister. We're not exactly professional photographers (or riders), but we got some fun pictures.

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3481.jpg

My friend got me to do a jump as well, but I hate jumps and usually try to fly low.

IMG_3473.jpg

Last edited:

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
those are actually some nice pics, looks like a good time!!!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Outstanding GM, and not one puff of smoke! That was one insane mx bike when it was released,and it looked pretty sweet pulling the wheel up towards the top! You need a punk 20 years younger than you to rib you on not doing do or die doubles! That reaction to being in the air looked familiar!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
You ride Hollister often? I'm out in the bay area right now, I used to live right near Hollister. I'm really bummed about that. Carnegie is the closest place and it just can't compare.

Next time, I'll try to get some shots running Rancho Hill (the twisty one next to twin). The first turn gets a little hairy because there is no traction and it's got a bit of a jump going into it. It's also very silty. That should make some great pictures.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I used to ride there quite often. I live in Livermore now, both Carnegie and Hollister are close by. I'm goig to check out Sandhill MX next in Brentwood. I keep warning rickyd I'm going to join him out there :)

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I heard that place got shut down a year or 2 ago. That would be great if I heard wrong. Argyle MX park is nearby in Dixon, but their prices are ridiculous.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
If you see Ricky, pinch somewhere private for me!

Now that's just wrong! :)

I love that hillclimb too! You've got to stay on the gas to keep your momentum up, but you better be leaning forward or the front tire is going to come up on you. My favorite part is right after you reach the top and think you've made it, there are a bunch of knee-deep whoops to get through. It throws off some of the newbies that are climbing it for the first time! Nice pics!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I forgot about the jump at the top, I was in 4th gear going over. I had to stomp back down to at least 2nd in order to get over the rough stuff. I hit pretty hard and comletely bottomed out my suspension and legs.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Thats a fun hill to go down Backwards HA! Cool shots, been too long of a time since I have been to Hollister.

Pinch me privates :ohmy: please somebody :laugh:

Natalie and Mike, I think I will have to leave my house at about 4am, drive down to Hollister, grab Mike (not by the privates HA!) and bike (Jacob for my Niece HA!) :laugh: then drive out to Livermore , grab Nat and bike and head to Sandhill, or maybe even Argylle! :p Lets go have fun!

Cool pics GM :cool:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
76GMC1500 said:
I heard that place got shut down a year or 2 ago. That would be great if I heard wrong. Argyle MX park is nearby in Dixon, but their prices are ridiculous.

Sandhill is open, Sandhillracing.com I was there a few weeks ago, pretty cool getting passed by Rodney Smith :) The private tracks are kind of pricey, but a nice groomed jump is priceless. Also, the prep at Arglle has been perfect, lots of ruts in each corner, great lay outs to. Take lots of water though, I passed out due to heat exhaustion/ dehydration last week :whoa:

FWIW Club Moto in Livermore may be changing their layout soon, could be worth a group ride someday soon :cool:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I completely forgot about Club Moto. It's still $20 per bike (I haven't been there or even Argyle yet due to financial reasons), but that's still less than Argyle. Hollister has really got their *blank* together on their tracks. The vintage track has really been great the last few trips. This is my photographer doing a lap, I took the picture. He's hauling but but there is no roost because there really is that much tracition.

IMG_3492.jpg

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
When I went to Arglle 2 weeks ago, it was $20 per rider. Sandhill is $25 per rider, I'm not sure if Club Moto is $20 or $25 though.

Looks like they did a nice job on the vintage track. I think AHRMA has something to do with it.

Top Bottom