Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Does anyone know how a demand pump senses the need to turn on when it is hooked to a RV water system?

Is it the pressure drop?

I am trying to hook up a fill system for the hot water tank of the spodewash at DW, so everybody will benefit if I get it working.

Thanks in advance!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Red said when you turn on the pump, the pump starts and builds up pressure then shuts off. Then, when you go to use the water, the pressure drop causes the pump to kick on again to get back to the desired pressure level.

I don't know if this makes a difference either, but when you hook a water connection hose to most RVs, you do not turn on the pump. You just use the pump to pull off your water tanks only.

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Yep, pressure loss. If you have a fitting leak somewhere or a check valve at the pump letting the pressurized system backflow into the reservoir then the pump will chirp or cycle for a second to bring the pressure back up. This is not like an irrigation booster pump where there is actually an electrical signal from the user to kick on the pump.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Thanks for the info ... now I need to order a pump to fill the HW tank for the spodewash. :yeehaw:

Top Bottom