ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
Has anyone heard any more on Ryan Hughes condition? All that was said was that he was racing with a broken leg. Is he okay? Will he race this weekend? Are his championship hopes over?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I think he should be good to go for Red Bud... last I heard he's gonna tough it out for Budds Creek this weekend and pick up some points. Then 3 weeks off before Red Bud should be a good time to heal up. I haven't heard the official prognosis of his Monday x-rays/doctors appointment.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I read somewhere that he broke his fibula, which isn't a big deal so long as it's not displaced and can be wrapped tightly during the race. I'd bet he'll be at Budd's, o/w how could he rationalize racing the 2nd Southwick race?

By the way, he was interviewed not long ago on DMXS and talked about how when he's injured, he keeps all info. private--primarily to psych out his competition, and he practices alone. I'd bet no one hears whether he'll race until the KTM truck shows up in the pits.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Damn, I wish him the best!! In 2001, we were standing right in front of the jump that Ryno had his near career ending crash on at Steel City and it wasn't pretty. We were so stoked that he came back to racing and is in the championship battle. Even if Ryno pulls in a pair of 15's (12 points) it'll keep him alive... ya never know when Brown might blow a motor or rip a radiator hose or break a chain...

GO RYNO!! :thumb:

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
WOW!!!! Go Rhino thats way I like motocross so much these guys are REAL athletes not like baseball where a person gets a spranged finger and is out for six months and still makes 20 million.I don't know any other sport where a person would play with a broken leg :thumb:

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
That guy is TOUGH!
I'm guessing that if he twisted his foot enough to break the fib, he's got one serious ankle sprain.
Last March, I broke my fib about 1.5 inches above my ankle by catching the toe in some soft dirt on a landing. I didn't fall, but I knew something was wrong from the popping sound! I tried to hit the next jump and that was it.
Surgery the next day and I didn't ride again for two and a half months. The bone healed way before the ankle and ligaments.
So, either I'm a serious wussy or he's TOUGH!

Top Bottom