Ryan Villopoto, 2006 Ama Supercross/motocross Rookie Of The Year:

letsride24-7

Aug 10, 2006
Didn't see this posted yet...

RYAN VILLOPOTO, 2006 AMA SUPERCROSS/MOTOCROSS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR:

The AMA Supercross/Motocross Rookie of the Year also rides for Kawasaki. Ryan Villopoto won the AMA Supercross/Motocross Rookie of the Year on the strength of winning the 2006 AMA Toyota Motocross Lites Championship. He also finished third in the Amp'd Mobile AMA Supercross Lites West Series. In addition, Villopoto was part of the winning Team USA Motocross of Nations squad.

Villopoto captured his Motocross Lites Championship with a convincing 1-1 victory in the final round of the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Presented by FMF Sunday at Glen Helen Raceway Park near San Bernardino, Calif., in September. That victory was the sixth of the year for the 18-year-old from Poulsbo, Wash., who rides for the Monster Energy/Pro Circuit Kawasaki team.

Villopoto also won a round of the AMA Supercross Lites West Series at Texas Stadium in April.

"I'll never forget this season," Villopoto said. "It started out with some ups and downs, but ending the year winning a motocross championship and then the Motocross of Nations with Ivan [Tedesco] and James [Stewart] was better than I could have hoped for."

Earning the Rookie of the Year Award is just the latest accolade for Villopoto. He was also the AMA Horizon Award winner in 2005, presented annually by AMA Sports to the individuals who have been selected as the most outstanding rider in AMA amateur competition.

Villopoto is planning on racing in the Lites division in both Supercross and Motocross in 2007. He hopes to add a Supercross title to his name and plans on defending his motocross championship.

Villopoto puts his name alongside a prestigious list of those who've won the Supercross/Motocross Rookie of the Year Award including riders such as James Stewart, Ricky Carmichael, Travis Pastrana and Kevin Windham.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I've heard he was chasing bubba with a small 250! He's gotta be fast :cool:

Top Bottom