Ryan Villopoto, Shawn Rife and DeCoster on the CRF150

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Interesting thoughts. . .

"The CRF150 sounds really cool, but I know that they have carburetor problems. The thing is, when 250f's came out, no one really rode 125's anymore, and the same thing is probably going to happen to the 85's. I do know that two-strokes seem to run forever and four strokes blow up all of the time. You have to keep maintaining a four stroke. . ." - RV

"The CRF150 is a pretty good bike. I don't think it's quite as fast as a CR85 with the stock gearing, but it's really smooth off the bottom and gets really good traction. . . When I first got the CRF, I couldn't ride it very well because of the shifting points. I was actually three seconds a lap faster on my 85. . ." - SR

"Due to the way the rules have been written. everybody will have to go to the four stroke eventually, because the extra displacement is too much of an advantage to overcome. . . I'm concerned about the cost, the maintenance and durability of four strokes. I don't think that amateur riders will become faster on it right now, but in a few years kids will be picking up the pace. . . I wouldn't say that kids are going to become better riders, though." - Decoster

Hmm. . .

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"humm" what?

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
robwbright said:
Interesting thoughts. . .

"The CRF150 sounds really cool, but I know that they have carburetor problems. The thing is, when 250f's came out, no one really rode 125's anymore, and the same thing is probably going to happen to the 85's. I do know that two-strokes seem to run forever and four strokes blow up all of the time. You have to keep maintaining a four stroke. . ." - RV

"The CRF150 is a pretty good bike. I don't think it's quite as fast as a CR85 with the stock gearing, but it's really smooth off the bottom and gets really good traction. . . When I first got the CRF, I couldn't ride it very well because of the shifting points. I was actually three seconds a lap faster on my 85. . ." - SR

"Due to the way the rules have been written. everybody will have to go to the four stroke eventually, because the extra displacement is too much of an advantage to overcome. . . I'm concerned about the cost, the maintenance and durability of four strokes. I don't think that amateur riders will become faster on it right now, but in a few years kids will be picking up the pace. . . I wouldn't say that kids are going to become better riders, though." - Decoster

Hmm. . .
Id love to hear what the source of these quotes was. IMO, they are all wrong when the question the durability of 4-strokes, but whatever...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
XRpredator said:
and what's rob's opinion?

He's still "forming" it. ;)

google.com/search?as_q=Robs+opinion+on+four-strokes:whoa:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Who's rob :whoa: and does he actually have an opinion. :coocoo:

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
Interesting quotes. Where did you find them?

They cant be serious! :ohmy: 4-strokes=higher maintance, higher cost

no way, I refuse to believe it. ;)

Top Bottom