flyinfinn

Nov 15, 2001
from mxlarge by ryno: "The light was poor out there and it was hard to see the other riders going over the jumps. I had a bad race today, but that can be Motocross sometimes. I collided with (Miska) Aaltonen going over the jump on the straight and went off the track. It was nobody’s fault, but the chain on the bike was broken and I could not restart. Finishing second is not too disappointing, next time I hope we can come back and win."

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
jboomer. Hughes doen't seem like he's whining. It seams like a fair description of what happened. He didn't blame the other guy, he just said he couldn't see well. The guy is obviously disapointed as any great competitor would be. Havn't you ever been upset about a similar type of problem?

Like Super Rat said, at least he was there. A full thanks to all the US team for giving it there best. Even though I personally wanted to see a different team go, Ryno is a good choice. I'm done whining now.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
He congratulated Belgium for winning then started complaining about the track. Sounded to me like he was giving excuses. He lost because his chain broke...I think he should've left it at that, instead of trying to explain why he would've lost anyway! No, he didn't blame anything on the other guy (suprise suprise) but he did blame it on the track! I think Hughes is poor sport, a crybaby (look at his behavior during the Nationals!), and one of the people LEAST deserving of the opportunity to represent our Country! You're right, at least he went. Too bad those more deserving passed on the opportunity/were prevented from attending. I didn't expect much from him and made my opinion clear on here days before the race, he didn't disappoint!
And yes, I have whined about this and that too. But I wasn't chosen to represent the US in a race either! AND, I've got the common courtesy and tact to keep it to myself!
Forgive me if I'm coming across as tactless right now. I'm not trying to make enemies here. Flame on!

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
In Hughes' defence the spastic Euro's did start the main race at 5.00pm......I can imagine it was a little dark towards the end of the moto....though if he was clever he would have have been riding a KTM450EXC and switched on the front light!!!

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Jboomer you don't like Ryno and I do. I have a hard time calling a guy who rode 2 motos at the wick with a broken leg a crybaby. Next time you snap your leg bone wait an hour or so then get on your bike and try to ride, ouch!!!! Sure he and Langston said some stuff about each other during the nationals but thats part of the game and Langston is the king of smack talking. I have never seen Ryno give up. He may not have the pure speed of Bubba, Kdub or RC but he WANTS to ride for the USA to me that counts for alot. He rode to a second in heat race (?) at the MXdN's beating Everts and had some bad luck in the main. I think he should be a lock for next years team. I'm not trying to fight, just sticking up for a guy that I think is getting a raw deal.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
Ryno is the king of bad luck and I feal for him, it's just to bad. I am not a big Ryno fan or anything, but come on when it comes to toughness him and "the Rock" are at the top of my list in MX right now.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I never questioned his determination or his heart. I just think he has a BAD attitude and is a foot stomper when things don't go his way. He had some nasty things to say about Brown too and his actions ON the track were worse than his words/actions OFF the track (remember his tantrum at Budds when he actually punched Brown?---I've got a video of him punching Doug Henry at another race too(not this season))!
I understand luck wasn't on his side...and I'm not bashing him for his results at the race...crap happens. I'm only bawking at his attitude.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I can see how you might be put off by Rynos willingness to throw down. I like it. I love the fact that Ryno punched Brown in the mouth and I'm a big Brown fan. Brown has been running over top of anyone who gets in his way for years and that crap he pulled at buds creek.... he had it coming. Brown won't pull that crap on Huges any more but I'll bet he would still run over Fonzie at the drop of a hat. I see your point Ryno is a bit of a hot head but I'll always cheer for the guys who give it everything they got and Ryno is one of those guys.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
It's cool to disagree, especially if you make some kind of point, which you did. I think Ryan is missing the filter between his brain and his mouth, but I like that about him. The broken leg ride at Southwick was straight up legendary. I like Hughes more because of this season than I did before. It's all about perspective.

Top Bottom