jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I am getting ready to complete my 94 Yamaha wr250 dual sport project and I would like some comments /opinions on intake options. I also have a 94 yz 250 basicly the same bike but....
YZ is stone stock .
WR cylinder has been lowered .010" and the rear transfers hook epoxied ,powervalve sub exhaust port channels notched to bleed off midrange hit,later opening powervalve governor ,gnarly pipe S/A silencer,and a flywheel wieght.

between the two bikes I have 1 TMX 38mm mikuni carb ,stock manifold &reed cage , 1 mikuni 38mm round slide carb, stock manifold with stuffer& reed cage.stock mainifolds are slightly different and not 100% interchangable. 1 Boyeson rad valve and 1 V force reed cage. The aftermarket reed cages will be 100% interchangable if I cut the stuffer out of wr manifold,length of carburator where it mounts to rubber manifold is a slight issue between the two.

The YZ will spend most of its time between 1/4 to 3/4 throttle with a spode playing on a motocross track situation. The intended use of the WR will be mostly 0 to 1/2 throttle spode trail riding with lots of lugging situations. The WR will most likely be prominent bike ridden with achieving its goals a higher priority than the YZ. The lower mid hit of power on the YZ is fun on a track but I am hopefully working on trying to increase low end and yet tame the power delivery a bit for the WR for trails, IE strong yet smooth bottom.Now here are the questions.

What is the performance benefit of the flat side carb to the round slide? Also which intake combo would you choose for which bike?

I definately would love to spend time testing my options but time is rather short for me this year to leave the house and play.I would like to try and get the best compromise in the garage and your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Jim.

Top Bottom