pegasisbd

Sep 5, 2002
I just bought a '98 GasGas EC 250 and need to know some stuff. I cant find anywhere that carries parts around here so I was wandering if anyone could point me in the right direction. And maybe someone could answer these ?'s also.
The LTR rear chain slider uses a Honda slider but it doesnt say whether its an XR or CR or what year or anything. Anybody got any idea?
The front chain slider that wraps around the swingarm, is it interchangable with any other bike if so which ones?
Where can I can get a chain and sprocket kit or is interchangable with something?
And where can I get a repair manual?

euro gasgas

Sponsoring Member
Sep 18, 2001
The LTR rear chain slider uses a Honda slider but it doesnt say whether its an XR or CR or what year or anything. Anybody got any idea?

Go to www.lt-racing.com : it lists the honda part numbers for the plastic guide that is off of a honda XR - it has been used on the XR from around '86 to present on all XR models.

The front chain slider that wraps around the swingarm, is it interchangable with any other bike if so which ones?

If you find one let me know - I would like to find something that is more of a hard rubber (like honda uses) to get the noise down a little bit. The stock gasgas one is very durable but is hard and a bit noisy (chain slap).

can I can get a chain and sprocket kit or is interchangable with something?

Countersprockets, sprockets and chains are stocked at smackovermotorsports Check out www.smackovermotorsports.com under the products section for details for info on chains, sprockets and a bunch of other gasgas aftermarket parts...

www.gasgasrider.org lists all of the gasgas aftermarket manufacturers and also has a parts crossover list (e.g. husky rear sprockets fit, KTM brake pads fit your '98 model, etc, etc.)

where can I get a repair manual?

A downloadable service manual (adobe acrobat pdf) for a 2002 model is available at www.gasgasrider.org along with links to on-line parts manuals that show how things go together. The "service manual" is actually an owners manual. On-line versions of the 1999 and 2001 english parts manuals will be available in adobe pdf format in a day or so...

jeff
'01 gasgas ec300
www.lt-racing.com GasGas Performance Products
www.gasgasrider.org GasGas Rider's Club

Top Bottom