colochris

Jul 24, 2003
Any ideas on an easy way to put on a seat cover?? I have not started anything yet. The problem seems like wear the seat foam starts to bend up it has a huge wrinklethrough the middle. Any help would be great

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Center the new seat cover and tack it down on the front. Do the same to the back then work each side to the bend. You may have to cut some material off under the seat to make the staples hold better. I found it easier to set on the floor so I could hold the seat base with my knees and feet when needed. Take you time, if you get frustrated, take a break. I have only done this once and it took about an hour and was not as hard as I made it out to be.

hoosierf

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 6, 2001
I've put many seat covers on. Generally, if you have wrinkles, it's not tight enough somewhere. Keep working at it and use a heat gun or hair dryer to make is easier to pull tight. To get the wrinkles out at the part you mention, the seat has to be pretty tight front to back and then really tight on the sides near the location of the wrinkles. Good luck.

Top Bottom