Status
Not open for further replies.

Averian

Jun 24, 2003
I was just wondering if you guys think a sport quad or dirt bike would be safer for trail riding (no mx) and why? (obviously neither are low risk activities) I'm a fan of any type of dirt riding, but with a few friends getting hurt on dirt bikes recently, I wondered if there was any merit in going with two extra wheels. Cheers,

-Mark

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
theres is no safer of either lot, it all comes down to how you respect your machinery and dont be stupid or push them other their limits.
anything can be dangerous if you dont know how to use it or dont know its limits.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I agree... with one condition Quads, to the novice or no experience give a false sensce of confidence cause they do not fall over and because of the extra wheels. So someone with no experience can just push the throttle open and go as fast as it will go until they have to stop or corner then they panic and ussally get hurt. IMO a dirt bike gives more feedback and lets you know you are going a little too fast or slow it keeps you more reserved and respect it more until you get to know your bike, so i believe that dirt bikes are a slight bit safer for that reason. but I agree you can get hurt just as bad on both If you do not respect them

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Two wheelers are more agile therefore they are easier to control!

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
It all depends on the rider, most people on this sight will say 4-wheelers are more dangerious for this or that, because it is a dirt bike sight. I dirt bikes are easier to wreck for beginners, but if that big heavy @ss four wheeler lands on you, its lights out.

P.S I lump most quad riders in two catagories:

1. quadsum; ussually riding a Yamaha or Suzuki sport quad with blue jeans, work boots, flannel shirt or sleveless t-shirt depending on weather, and mullet, some times with lit smoke. Known for doing donuts in parking area.

2. superhunter quad; has a Polaris 800 bear tracker whatever, winch, front and rear racks, weighs more than my truck, is slower than crap and are a pain in the ass if they ever show up at practice track.

Ya, I hate quads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom