yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Supossedly I can adjust my sag on the cr very easily. I need to have more sag because when I'm sitting on the bike (not moving) it feels just a little too tall. So tell me what to do to have some more sag on my cr. Thanks a lot.

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I've read every word in the xr's manual a dozen times, and I've ordered the Cr's...it is somewhere in shipping.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
yz,
The race sag has nothing to do with "rider comfort". It is a suspension perfomance issue. Besides XR's good advise, I would also suggest Eric Gorr's book. He goes into great detail on sag settings, and how to properly obtain them. Matter of fact, most everything I see you post can be taken care of by reading, AND ABSORBING, his book.
Cut down your foam or get a shock spacer if your bike is "too tall" for ya.

mxneagle

Jan 7, 2001
set the race sag (sag with you sitting on it in a neutral position with your gear on) at 100mm. The best way to do this is to have someone balance you on the bike by holding the handle bars and have someone else measure the sag. After you get that set, measure the free sag (sag with only the bikes weight). If the free sag is less than 25mm then you need a stiffer spring. If the free sag is more than 35mm then you need a softer spring. Those are the basic rules of thumb.

Top Bottom