stangmata23l

Mar 14, 2002
Hey does anyone have some info on Salamanca on the 27th or can one of yous guys lead me to a website that has some info on the run?
Thanks
Ian

'93 RMX 250

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
If you have never been I would recommend against it. Last year over 2,000 riders showed up. Most are ATV;s that turn the trail into soup.
There are 45 minute line ups for the hill climbs and bottnecks.
Its dangerous and if your bike breaks down in the woods you are on your own. The sponsors don't care.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
info. you asked for

They moved the start area and parking area, To steamburg n.y.
25 bucks is the fee.
helmet and eye protection is a must.
no drinking.
one rider per machine.
stay on the trail.

I-86 to exit 17,follow the signs.

From my past rides there it will be wet. You will cross streams and poss. the river. As Peer put it it can be a nasty ride... I have seen grown men balling due to broken machines and being lost in the woods. You will see guys out of gas on the trail. The older runs were muddy water filled holes and miles of 3 inches of liquid mud. Tree roots like there is no tomarrow. I just got fed up with the A$$woles out there ramming the bike, I have been T-boned there. had my feet ran over by 4 wheelers passing by. Rude drunken riders stuck in the mud. But I have to admit I have had some awesome rides there. That was back in the early 90's when 400 riders was a big crowd. This 1500 riders is to much for the trail to handle.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
advice

Your RMX is the weapon of choice for this place. I to have an 93 RMX250.
Gas shouldnt be a problem for you.The larger tank will do fine. Its the MX bikes with the 2.0 gallon tank thats the concern. Roll off's are highly recommended. Camel Bak or water is a must. Tools I took along vise grips, screw drivers, some 8,10,12,14mm wrenches. take spare plugs. I kid you not I would give away at least 3 plugs per ride I always carried 6 plugs. I had guys give me 5 bucks for a used plug. I had copies of my medical cards and 20.00 in my helmet, Slip it under the back portion of the liner. Put them in a baggie. Rocks will be on the trail. 14-15 pounds of air in the tires. Make sure your bike is mechanicly sound. safety wire your grips. Bark busters are nice.
water proof your air intake. The RMX is set up for the run. I had extra levers for my Rmx. Zip ties are a good thing to have. duck tape the top of your boots, Ask Peer about this...lol look at you master link. I must have seen over the many rides at Salamanca 30-40 bikes that tossed the master like clip, Must be all the clay wears them out.

rmal250

Apr 14, 2002
Awsome ride if you get near the front just dont stop .Dont listen to the horror tails....unless your on a trike..or cant ride mud.I ride the b class and can do it just over 1 and 15 minutes with no traffic.If you dont drown the bike,careful ,one plug and commen sense willl get you thru it no problem.

Top Bottom