whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It really gets old, but it sure seemed another one for the books last night!!!! And t is truly remarkable! Regular season is over, and NO CLEAR CUT WINNER, in any class? Wow, and Bubbles is back to his old, old self AGAIN! Not that he is out yet, but? Ivan got hurt, I missed that one, last week? These races could have been better? I think the big bikes are early around noonish and the lites late, cst. The lites seemed a knock out race also! KR is on fire, desperate Hanson gets what he deserves, and Cunningham gets faster every race. I know in the morning out there was 30 degrees and snow showers, but how the track held up, and the whoops lives up to their name, the delay broadcasts are trying. But, dancing bananas its the last one of the year!!!!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Huge win for RV. Can clinch the title with a 5th place or better in Vegas.

JBS will need a miracle.

Supercross Class Season Standings
1. Ryan Villopoto, Poulsbo, Wash., Kawasaki – 318
2. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Honda – 309
3. Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., Suzuki – 306
4. James Stewart, Haines City, Fla., Yamaha – 295
5. Trey Canard, Shawnee, Okla., Honda – 255
6. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, KTM – 214
7. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda – 202
8. Davi Millsaps, Carlsbad, Calif., Yamaha – 172
9. Justin Brayton, Cornelius, N.C, Yamaha – 153
10. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., Yamaha - 139

BTW, the track was too short. Under 45 second laps for the top guys. BOO! If the track is that short, make the main 20 minutes + 1 lap.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
James threw that one away.... Again.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
JBS is still his worst enemy. Weimer rode better than I expected. Put his and Pourcels name at the top of the outdoor contenders! Reed is in it to win it, how bad? Gotta feel for RV and the bulls eye he is wearing. RD was a non issue. The short track was arena cross nearly! Seemed to take the race well. Rocsen rode well. Hanny is still a douche bag, karma on the hand? Lost Wages will be 1 heck of a race. They drew the crowds, they provided some of the best racing I have ever seen, not to mention almost every race.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Watching Tomac power away from the "gutsy" , "changed" , flailing-on-the-ground Hanjob was the highlight of the Lites race.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Vic said:
Watching Tomac power away from the "gutsy" , "changed" , flailing-on-the-ground Hanjob was the highlight of the Lites race.
Yes, that was indeed a precious moment :)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'm not a Hanny hater, but justice was served when his overly agressive pass backfired. If he was not riding like such a douche, he'd be in the title hunt still.

For the big boy class, RV's win and Bubba's collapse lessens the excitment for Vegas a little. Not quite as exciting as a 4 way tie going into the last round, lol. But as an RV fan, I can deal with it.

The front end washing out on Bubba could have happened to anyone. He was still in 3rd when he got up, with 12 laps to go. But the endo in the whoops? Classic JBS.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
If he was not riding like such a douche, he'd be in the title hunt still.

If he wasn't such a douche, he wouldn't have been riding like one.

:nod:

:p

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
JBS threw the race, it's a conspiracy. ;) He didn't even act like he cared when he went to pick up his bike and continue. It was like slow motion. Then he bobbled and went over the bars ... again?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I am beside myself over the JBS blunder/end of season/recap? Oh, and this could have happened because Bubbles got cold? WHAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE please?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Villi only needs a 5'th for the title...?

JS's chances are over.

I guess the "battle" is now between Reed and Dungey.

Bummer Canard isn't in the mix...

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Villi only needs a 5'th for the title...?

JS's chances are over.

RV2 can clinch with a 5th if Chad wins LV.

If RD wins and/or Chad finishes 2nd, RV can clinch with an 8th place.

If JBS wins and gets 320 points on the season, he could possibly win IF RV finishes 20th, Chad finishes 10th or worse and RD finishes 7th or worse.

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
half justice has landed on bubba, he always seems to be the one over his head and then takes somone out, thankfully this time that somone was himself. RV has already missed a main event so still plenty of tension as 20 riders try for the holeshot money anything can happen. As the only guy from my side of the world and a semi privateer I hope Chad can get it done. The first time I saw him ride he was a hyperactive 14 year old and the only way to control him was to take away his petrol (about 2 to 3 tanks a day)

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Okiewan said:
James threw that one away.... Again.

Really bone-headed... The 1st crash was excuseable... pretty much the same thing that happened to RV in the heat... but the 2nd one was just really stupid. If he would have just showed a little patience in getting through the whoops (enterred them w/ zero momentum), then he would have only been a few seconds down and would have had a chance to real in the leaders... but he got in a big hurry and took yet another trip over the handlebars....

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
James "199" Stewart.

(I find Pastrana easier to stomach though)

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Racing is racing, injuries and DNFs happen. . . however, the ones that aren't your fault must really hurt.

Think about this. . . in spite of Dungey's rather pedestrian (for him) "Andrew Short" approach this season of getting a bunch of 2nds and 3rds, remember that Dungey missed the A2 main because of a broken chain. How many times does that happen??

Give him, say, 20 points for 3rd and what do the points standings look like? Dungey in control with +8 points on RV.

He's actually had a really good season in spite of the lack of wins.

Top Bottom