G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
Are ther any organized mx tracks or Hare Scrambles in San Antonio?
What type of terrain? My CR500 & I are moving there in 6 months from CT...what can I expect for riding? Thank-you.

Husky Texan

Oct 6, 2000
Lots of places to ride in San Antonio. Bring air conditioning!

In the past 6 months we have had numerous motocross tracks pop up. One, Cycle Ranch will be hosting a 4 Stroke National at the end of September. Having ridden at some of the then NESC tracks in your area long ago, my comparison of Cycle Ranch is that it is better than Southwick already. We also have a riding club that leases a huge ranch for riding and holding hare scrambles. You have to join the club for approximately 120 a year and you get 7 day a week riding access. There is an active Texas State Hare Scrambles Series that is usually 12-16 races and a Texas State Enduro Series as well. Terrain here is pretty varied, but tends to be on the sandier side of intermediate. We also have a couple of series that lean more to my addiction, vintage motocross. Let me know if you need more info and let me know when you arrive.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Where is that Cycle Ranch at? Is it close the one close to Lubbock? Maybe there is two with that same ranch. This guy offers riding and quad rental. There was even a write up on it in the lubbock paper. If its the one I would like to see that. I have never been there, but I have seen a flyer for it. For some pics of the terrian you can go to WWW.TSCEC.org

G92Joe

Apr 7, 2001
Husky Texan,
I'll be visiting SA this weekend, 8/17-8/19; can you provide info for getting to Cycle Ranch? Also, do have info for the vintage MX? Are there classes for the obsolete class (1983-1990 or so)? It sounds like the riding is little more favorable to 500cc bikes? Thanks!

Husky Texan

Oct 6, 2000
Hey guys! Cycle Ranch is near beautiful Floresville Texas which is about 20 minutes from San Antonio. Here is their website http://www.cycleranchmx.com/ Since VP fuel is brewed in San Antonio they are a major sponsor through the efforts of one of their local distributors.

As far as a decade class, no we don't have one of those. For those interested in vintage racing in Texas check out www.TVRC.org or www.evovintage.com . These are the two vintage racing clubs in Texas.

The Dirt Bikers of San Antonio site is www.dbsaclub.org . This is a local San Antonio club with about 190 members, a monthly meeting, and a land lease on a ranch south of town for the members to use for riding. There is a great links page on the dbsa site with everything you ever wanted to know about riding in Texas.

Top Bottom