High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
While flying into the San Jose airport Tuesday I saw an MX track about 5-10 miles south of the airport. Anybody know what the name of it is and what their schedule is?

Farmer John, was that you out there throwing sikk wipps?

I've got to be back out here next week and I might be able to sneak an afternoon out to go drool, as it looked like a nice track

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
KiwiBird said:
Hmmmm, Hollister maybe?

Nope.

There is SCMX at the county fairgrounds. Approx 3~4 miles from Gomer's hotel. There is also Metcalf Motorcycle Park approx 8~9 miles from his hotel.

sikk whippps...yeah that was me alright :nener:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I got a picture of the locals in Paris Kentucky :laugh:

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Yep, that's SCMX. My uncle-in-law does the announcing there, as well as at the Hollister GP track. If you happen to see Uncle Bob in the booth, tell him Mike said hi!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If it was in the hills, then it has to be Metcalf. A county run park, I have heard the track is decent right now, they had a race there a few weeks ago and added in a bunch of wood chips and tilled it up. San Jose MX has been getting some good compliments lately. I will be out riding either one next Friday.

Did you bring some gear?

Rick

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
rickyd said:
I will be out riding either one next Friday.
I'll be flying back home on Friday. :(

Did you bring some gear?
I was only there for 1 day this week. I'm coming back next week on Monday, will be there Tue - Thu, and then fly back Friday. I could bring gear if someone wanted to go out there Wednesday and see what a fat guy looks like on their bike. :yikes:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
I could bring gear if someone wanted to go out there Wednesday and see what a fat guy looks like on their bike. :yikes:

Oh sure! You can bring your gear when you go up North but, can't seem to bring it when you visit us. :debil: What's up with that??? :coocoo:

Mike. The fairgrounds is where the San Jose mile used to be. Now, that was a real race track. :cool: I think I have a photo around here somewhere,,,Oh wait. It's the one on my icon. ;)

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey, let us take a look at it, please. Can someone who knows where to find it locate it for us, at this thread: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=149587

I just noticed this thread last night. It seems pretty cool. As long as it is kept current (eg. closed tracks removed, etc.,) it will be a great reference tool for us all. :cool:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Oh sure! You can bring your gear when you go up North but, can't seem to bring it when you visit us. :debil: What's up with that??? :coocoo:
I can rarely add a day to my trips and that is what it takes to get out to "the country" where you bumpkins live! This would be mere minutes from where I will be and I might be able to sneak out one afternoon, something I can't do while in LA.

Mike. The fairgrounds is where the San Jose mile used to be. Now, that was a real race track. :cool: I think I have a photo around here somewhere,,,Oh wait. It's the one on my icon. ;)
Do you have a larger version of that? I'd like to put it in my folder of screen-saver pics.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
I'll be flying back home on Friday. :(

I was only there for 1 day this week. I'm coming back next week on Monday, will be there Tue - Thu, and then fly back Friday. I could bring gear if someone wanted to go out there Wednesday and see what a fat guy looks like on their bike. :yikes:

Let me get back to you about Wednesday, I dont get off work til ablout 4:30-5pm and am about an hours drive from there. Let me see If I can get half the day off maybe.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
SpDyKen said:
Hey, let us take a look at it, please. Can someone who knows where to find it locate it for us, at this thread: http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=149587

I just noticed this thread last night. It seems pretty cool. As long as it is kept current (eg. closed tracks removed, etc.,) it will be a great reference tool for us all. :cool:

it's at Tully road and Monterey highway in San Jose if that helps.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Do you have a larger version of that? I'd like to put it in my folder of screen-saver pics.

Yeah. I'll send you one. :cool:

Hey Rickyd.

Take him trail riding. :nod: He loves big hills. :ohmy: :yikes: :rotfl:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
rickyd said:
Let me get back to you about Wednesday, I dont get off work til ablout 4:30-5pm and am about an hours drive from there. Let me see If I can get half the day off maybe.
WooHoo!! Looks like I can sneak out!

Bring a camera if you can come out. I can try to take some pics of you.

FJ...can you come out?

BTW, 803-507-8665

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey Gomer,
Wednesday isn't looking to good at this point. I'm not going to be able to get out early Wednesday after all. I do have Thurs- Sunday off though. Can you ride Friday or Saturday? Right now MDK has my forks, hoping to get them today and install them Wednesday night. Friday, we're hitting Metcalf for a few hours then possibly Santa Clara MX after 3pm then on Saturday go ride out at Hollister.
Let me know.

Rick

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Let me know if you guys decide to do dinner on Wednesday night. I can't ride while you're here, but I may be able to make it out for some grub.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Oooohh Yeahhh! If you guys haven't eaten there before, you're in for a treat! This is not your ordinary Chinese food! Look forward to meeting you guys.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Here's the address.

Sunnyvale - The Cherry Orchard

Address:
The Cherry Orchard
390 West El Camino Real
Sunnyvale, CA 94087

Phone:
(408) 991-9078

Top Bottom