Dougie

Mar 2, 2000
Anyone have info (directions to trailheads, best trails to ride, where to pick up a map, etc.) on Utah's San Rafeal Swell. I've heard it is a swell place to ride. We are hitting Moab May 13-17 and we are thinking of trailiering out there one day. But we've never been to the Swell. After 5 years of Moab, we thought we'd look for something new. Thanks.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Don't know but I'm sure you'll have a swell time! Although if you fall and hurt yourself and it starts to swell, be sure to use ice it helps!

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
San Rafel is an awesome place to ride. Myself and some friends spent a day there in the middle of 10 days in and around Moab a few years ago. The trailhead is near Gobblin Gulch state park. You have to ride some road and jeep trails to get out to the single track, it's best if you have a map or someone with you who knows where to go. The infamous Five Miles of Hell trail is out there - it's a kick ass trail (and actualy about 8 miles long). Pay close attention to the paint lines on the rock, if you get off this trail you're in a world of hurt. Stay on the trail and you'll have a great time. It's pretty technical in a few places, way more so than most of the stuff in Moab. The 10 Mile Wash area is another fun place to ride in the Moab area if you have time. Enjoy!

ChaCha

Apr 20, 2004
Check out this website.

http://www.utma.net/sj/sanrafael2004apr.htm

The map isn't that clear on the site, but you can have them send you one. Email Scott Jacobson. We did the spring ride last year at it was amazing!! You can cover 60-80 miles on one ride no problem. The views are amazing from the top. There everything you could possible ask for except for whoops...you won't find many there. Devil's racetrack was my favorite section.

Top Bottom