YZ250_#257

Nov 24, 2000
I was riding in a pit that was all softsand and we were doing some pretty big jump. Anyway, the next morning I was loading up to go riding again and noticed that my front forks were leaking all over the place. :rolleyes: So I took dust seal off and cleaned them up, I used a thin film of plastic to try and release the sand from inside the fork seal. After I cleaned them all up I put about 10cc of fork oil back in and rode for the day. It seems to have stop it:cool: I guess my question is: Should I replace all the oil in the shocks and some how flush them? or will it be ok? Has anyone else have this problem. Thanks for any replies. Sean

surfercross

Jan 6, 2001
same problem

I had the same thing happen to me the other day Iwas riding in the sand and was doing some jumps . When I came back in I noticed that my forks were leaking . I think my problem was not having my forks running parallel to each other. Just to be safe I would have the forks serviced or you could tackle the m yourself

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Seal leaks are not uncommon, partiularly in sand. If cleaning worked to seal the leak, I wouldn't worry about them, but I would suggest you change your fork oil, if nothng just to be sure you have the same volume in each leg.

You racing Kingston?

YZ250_#257

Nov 24, 2000
Kingston is a go!!

Hey there JTT,

You must be going to Kingston to? what is your number and what class are you in? I am in the 250 junior, and my number is 257.:p

Top Bottom