May 31, 2006
Just like the title states, it seems sand has been coming up through the breather (the one on the top of the valve cover of course) and entering my engine. The bike in question is an 2006 Yz450. I am currently tearing the engine down to inspect parts such as cams, carriers, cylinder walls, crank, and oiling system. Any info on how this would be possible would be helpful and, also i was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this or heard of this?

May 31, 2006
I am planning on re-routing the tube or adding a filter, but I was wondering if this is something that happens all the time. I can't recall ever hearing about this, and I'm sure the factory would not intentionally put the tube where it is knowing that it would cause a problem. I guess I just want to know exactly what happened so it won't happen again. Seeing sand inside my motor is not something that inspires confidence in my equipment.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
The more sand that enters, the more valves, valveguides, seats, pistons, cams, lifters, timing chains, and rings will be sold. And don't forget the costly labor for those who can't do it themselves. Just think of the income for the dealer and parts manufacturers!! Just kidding.

Kind of.

Top Bottom