rairden

Jun 3, 2003
I've ridden in the sand once and it was a blast. Even though I don't know from experience but my guess is a paddle tire is nice. I don't have anything to compare to, but I did put on a paddle tire (8) and it hooked up awesome w/ the 250.

Anyways, for the tips. While turning lean back just a little; just a tad behind center of seat. This helps alot in powersliding. If you sit up front then the front end will want to tuck in or wash out. Transferring weight back really helps out quite a bit. Sadly I found out after a couple hours of riding.\
Have fun. It's a blast. Where you goin?

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
keep your speed...speed is your friend!! You'll want to change your suspension settings. Do a search in the suspension forum...theres some good tips. Sand tires help considerably too. And like ^^^^ said sit a bit further back.

bhiner

Sponsoring Member
May 12, 2002
Weight back, front end light, and keep your speed up. You have to stay"on-top" of the sand or you will loose control. It's great practice for throttle control and steering with weight shifts.

Bill Kubitz

Dec 30, 2003
rairden said:
I've ridden in the sand once and it was a blast. Even though I don't know from experience but my guess is a paddle tire is nice. I don't have anything to compare to, but I did put on a paddle tire (8) and it hooked up awesome w/ the 250.

Anyways, for the tips. While turning lean back just a little; just a tad behind center of seat. This helps alot in powersliding. If you sit up front then the front end will want to tuck in or wash out. Transferring weight back really helps out quite a bit. Sadly I found out after a couple hours of riding.\

Bill Kubitz

Dec 30, 2003
rairden said:

around central wisconsin. most of the places around are sandy conditions. i prefer dirt but not to much of that close buy. going to head to the U.P. for that :thumb:

Top Bottom