Mavrick70004

Oct 17, 2006
Going to be going to Pismo pretty soon here as soon as my Paddle Tire comes, just had a question if i should leave the suspention as it is or change it a couple clicks? im 180 so the stock settings work well for the hard packed terrain of Hollister would the same setting be good for Sand too? should i make it lil stiffer softer also any suggestions on getting the bike ready for sand would be awsome since i have never been on sand before.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I just went to Florrence OR in April for the first time and left my cr as it was for woods/ single track riding. I didn't jump anything huge and it felt fine. We rode a lot of sand woops and it felt just the same as the dirt woops. When i took my bike apart when i got home i noticed my bottom linkage bearing was seized solid (piece that joins to the rear shock) and i never noticed it riding. Make sure you get a shock skin. I also used a filter skin. You'll also have to run your tire farther back than normal to clear the tire on the swingarm. One last thing, your chain will take a beating. Have fun!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Run your tire pressure low and set your forks to the stiffest setting possible for compression and rebound. This will help keep the front end from washing out.

Mavrick70004

Oct 17, 2006
sweet thanks guys, i put on a rear shock cover, o-ring chain, K&N filter, and luckily the tire clears the swing arm perfectly maybe a lil tiny bit of slap on the mud flap if im hauling ass but shouldnt be too much of a problem. im about to go downstairs and crank the forks up but about the tire pressure i got a rear paddle tire on so should i run the rear at regular pressure and just run the front lower and how low like 8psi?

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
I took off that plastic mud flap/ shock guard. That's why you have the shock boot. I also had a little piece of metal that a friend fabricated that bolted to the holes where the mud flap bolted and it angled back a touch to deflect sand away from the air box.

Top Bottom