Sand Valley MX in Bartlesville, OK

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
First off let me apologize to all the Heartland Spodes for not posting that I was going riding on Sunday but it was a last minute, spur of the moment deal. There has been several discussions/ questions about this track and I finally got to ride it. Here is my day: We pull in the gate at about 1:30 and see 4 guys in a row whipping it over a big double and Jeremy and I simultaneously go "O Crap! I thought this place was supposed to be mellow. Pay our $12 each. $2 for the gate and $10 to ride and find a parking spot. There weren't many places having practice this week and you could tell by the full parking lot. They were having organized practice and of course we miss ours as we are still unloading and getting dressed. So we go and check out the practice order: Non-Beginner; Quads; Mini; and Beginner. From talking to the people we are parked next to I understand that they adjust according to the number of riders at the track. We head out for a walk around and see a variety of table tops and doubles all with friendly looking faces and more of a run at them than most tracks that I am accustomed to riding at. The track runs down to a creek (Sand Creek) and true to its name there is a 180 degree sand turn and a straight away probably 200 yard long with sand. The rest of the track is what I would call a mix of brown loamy/clay mix that was well prepped for what is just a practice track for now. (They haven't gotten around to getting a starting gate yet) Just enough water to keep the dust from being a problem but without turning anything into mud. Once out on the track I find that good traction is abundant and under jumping/ over jumping obstacles is no big deal on this track. Don't get me wrong there are some really big jumps, one table top in particular that I never saw anyone completely clear but the way they are built they don't really have any of the "You are OK if you jump to here or here but if you land here your gonna die!" We got in 3 good practices and called it a day, loaded up and headed back to Stillwater. All in all I had a blast and am anxious to go back and work on a few of the jumps that I didn't quite have the courage to try this time out. In summery I think that Sand Valley MX is a track that anyone from a rank beginner to a fast intermediate could have fun on. I will be trying to schedule a Heartland Spode ride in the near future at this track. No pics at this time. I forgot my camera!

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Nice report, Derek.

A friend I ride with here in t-town has been there several times and really likes it. He was there this past Sunday, he rides a '02 YZ 250, #211. He asked me to go this past Sunday but I had plans for the lake that day. I haven't been there yet this year...

I would be on board with the DRN ride at Sand Valley if there is one...

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by DWreck
First off let me apologize to all the Heartland Spodes for not posting that I was going riding on Sunday

now we know where we stand. :confused:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Originally posted by mx547

now we know where we stand. :confused:

Yep, I'm a selfish jerk. Thats why I spent so much time writing up the report just so I could rub it in! :) O yeah and according to Justin I'm a woman hater and a Yamaha hater. Neither is true but you can believe the second one if you want. :debil:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by DWreck

according to Justin I'm a woman hater and a Yamaha hater. Neither is true but you can believe the second one if you want. :debil:

if you're a yamaha hater, then you're a smart man too. :laugh:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Dwreck,
Plan it and we will be there! Sounds like a fun track.

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Sawblade, sounds great. It will probably be next month at the soonest. The next couple of weekends will be spent around the Golden Eagle Enduro and helping move my sister to Dallas. (I'll get my garage back!)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It'll be the closest riding area to my new home. :) Is there a yearly fee? You moto guys pay too much to ride for one day. ;)

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by justql
You moto guys pay too much to ride for one day. ;)

Yeah, I'm working on that... :thumb:

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I have a flyer around here somewhere that said something about a yearly fee that you could pay and they would give you a key so you could ride there any time. Can't remember how much and don't know if they are still doing it that way or not.

Top Bottom