Mar 16, 2007
ok so this past weekend I went riding in the desert, now at the track i regularly ride we have some really deep supercross style woops. I cannot blitz through them. But when I went riding in the desert there were some sandy rolling woops that I was able to blitz through. I pretty much just leaned back and gassed it. It was a pretty long woop section. I got through them fine a few times but I almost crashed once and than stopped. What happend was I was leaning back and pinning it and as my front wheel was skimming across the top it got turned, left, than right, then left. not on purpose. Maybe I was leaning back too much? I was thinking the reason this happened was because I was pulling back on the bars too hard?

ps- woops are fun!

Mar 16, 2007
my front end was coming up and I was weelying over a few at a time sometimes too, if that helps. it felt like to me i was pulling back on the bars to hard, so if im pulling back hard on the left bar and a slight nudghe pushes the wheel left its going to turn the whole thing. I dunno

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Swapping through whoops is usually caused by not using enough throttle. If you let off in whoops, that's when you usually start bouncing around and from side to side.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Swapping through whoops is usually caused by not using enough throttle. If you let off in whoops, that's when you usually start bouncing around and from side to side.

That's true. :cool:

A little tip. If you find your speed increasing to the point of having to let off of the throttle, try dragging the rear brake instead. The rear brake will keep your speed controlled and the throttle/power will keep you going in a straight line. Dragging the rear brake will stabilize the bike. Works in rough corners too. Squeezing the bike with your knees and lower legs will also help keep it straight.

JD_MXRacer

Nov 27, 2006
i did the same thing only on regular dirt whoops. i tried blitzing them going like 2nd gear. it didnt work too well i ended up bouncing all over. then i tried it a couple times more and crashed. i was mad so i just finally hit them 2nd gear pinned. i flew through them with the front wheel skimming and the back bouncing off the tops.

the first time wasnt smooth but was 2x as fast as normal. then i just kept doing it and it became smoother and smoother each time.

so what im saying is just go for it. pin that throttle lean back a little and squeeze that seat with your knees!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ol'89r said:
A little tip. If you find your speed increasing to the point of having to let off of the throttle, try dragging the rear brake instead.
LOL! I don't see me ever having that presence of mind, unless....I could hook up an anally actuated rear bake system that I could trademark "Pucker-Powered Braking".

Nah, I'd boil the rear brake fluid before I even got to the starting line. :ohmy:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
High Lord Gomer said:
I could hook up an anally actuated rear bake system that I could trademark "Pucker-Powered Braking".

Anally actuated rear bake? Sounds messy. What'cha tryin' ta cook anyway?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
High Lord Gomer said:
LOL! I don't see me ever having that presence of mind, unless....I could hook up an anally actuated rear bake system that I could trademark "Pucker-Powered Braking".

Nah, I'd boil the rear brake fluid before I even got to the starting line. :ohmy:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord GomerI could hook up an anally actuated rear bake system that I could trademark "Pucker-Powered Braking". QUOTE said:
Don't you already have your throttle hand hardwired to your sphincter muscle????? :whoa: :yikes: :rotfl:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
(_!_) = puckered, (_o_) = unpuckered

Top Bottom